CFD Response Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

h00sierdaddy

Has the Chicago Fire Dept. changed their response plans for working fires and 2-11's? The reason I ask, is that I was listening today to a 2-11 on Halstead (5th Battalion) and there seemed to be more chiefs assigned to functions I've never heard before (safety, staging) and suppression companies bringing their "specialty" equipment, for example on this particular call: a light wagon (at 2pm in the afternoon?), the rehab truck, and 5-1-5 (Special Ops Battalion) was also assigned. I know there are certain chiefs or positions that can more-or-less 'pick and choose' which runs they go on. I listened to this call from the beginning and did not hear any special requests. Thanks for the help!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Has the Chicago Fire Dept. changed their response plans for working fires and 2-11's? The reason I ask, is that I was listening today to a 2-11 on Halstead (5th Battalion) and there seemed to be more chiefs assigned to functions I've never heard before (safety, staging) and suppression companies bringing their "specialty" equipment, for example on this particular call: a light wagon (at 2pm in the afternoon?), the rehab truck, and 5-1-5 (Special Ops Battalion) was also assigned. I know there are certain chiefs or positions that can more-or-less 'pick and choose' which runs they go on. I listened to this call from the beginning and did not hear any special requests. Thanks for the help!

Yes they have..it's a whole new world now as far as the responses go. Working fires, still and boxes, extra alarms get a whole new complement of responses. I didn't hear the Light Wagon response, but heard the Rehab unit (5-7-1) respond. Fires that will run into nightfall will get a Light Wagon upon request of the Incident Commander.

Status
Not open for further replies.