• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

change.org petition; no cuts keep campaign promises

Status
Not open for further replies.
for what good it will do a friend of mine started a change.org petition to President Elect Donald J. Trump to keep his campaign promises to protect the big 3 entitlement programs.
The man has done nothing yet, nothing.

Why don't people build a movement when he does something you don't like? At this point it is stupid to do anything to change something that hasn't changed. Do you write your electric company and complain about rate increases when you haven't had one? Do you call your auto insurance company and complain about rates when your rates have been the same for 20 years?

This makes no sense. Trump has broke no promises as he has no influence on policy at this point. Give the man a chance. Sure, hold his feet to the fire. But hound him for something he hasn't done? It makes no sense.

Of course he hasn't done anything yet, he's not President until January 20th.
prcguy

Why don't people build a movement when he does something you don't like? At this point it is stupid to do anything to change something that hasn't changed. Do you write your electric company and complain about rate increases when you haven't had one? Do you call your auto insurance company and complain about rates when your rates have been the same for 20 years?

This makes no sense. Trump has broke no promises as he has no influence on policy at this point. Give the man a chance. Sure, hold his feet to the fire. But hound him for something he hasn't done? It makes no sense.

And another thing, Its well known that Kalifornia has been ruined by extreme liberal kooks, most of who live in the San Francisco region. Colorado where the OP of this thread lives used to be a nice place to live (I spent 6yrs there) , but I see all the kooks in that state must have moved to the Denver/Lakewood area.
prcguy

Of course he hasn't done anything yet, he's not President until January 20th.
prcguy
Of course.

And all this speculation going on about what he might do and attacking him for what he hasn't done makes no sense at all. Let the man get his hands dirty then find issue. At this point it means nothing.

Liberals..... They lack sense I swear.

Well, if you already know that the electric company has been discussing a rate increase, you wouldn't wait for the increase, at least I wouldn't.

So, here we have Speaker Ryan already talking about turning Medicare into a "voucher" program and we all know he wants to privatize Social Security as well.
Thus, now would be the time to put pressure on your elected officials to not allow that.

I'm steadfastly against both of those proposals!

Well, if you already know that the electric company has been discussing a rate increase, you wouldn't wait for the increase, at least I wouldn't.

So, here we have Speaker Ryan already talking about turning Medicare into a "voucher" program and we all know he wants to privatize Social Security as well.
Thus, now would be the time to put pressure on your elected officials to not allow that.

I'm steadfastly against both of those proposals!
The republicans have been talking about dismantling these programs for years, it's nothing new.

Majority of Americans support these programs. Here is how we make sure we the People get what we want, we vote. Paul Ryan gets rid of programs the people support we simply fire him. It's really that easy and we get people in who want to fix what he broke.

Here is the problem with politics and why it is as bad as it is, people don't vote. If we held elected officials feet to the fire and they feared for their job, we would be much better off as a country. But we don't. We are where we are right now because people have not made it a personal responsibility to vote and vote with our best interests in mind.

That's like Mitch McConnell in my state (and my state is very red). I read an article talking about how he has done nothing for our state but pays respects to big oil in Texas. Why haven't the people got rid of him? Because the people who want him (wealthy) get out and vote and the poor(er) sits around and thinks nothing will change anyways. So he gets elected over and over and meanwhile we live in Appalachia which s one of the poorest places in the states. And don't even get me started on Christian conservatives, they are dirt in my book.

People need to vote. Even the poor who believe their voice don't matter. Until we come to that point, enjoy the ride.

NikIn
A good point. There seems to be an awful lot of talk trying to stifle criticism of Trump, both by Trump himself, and his supporters.

You trumpettes ( not directed at you, jimru) out there saying "give him a chance, he hasn't done anything yet" miss the point.

He HAS done something. He's been elected on a platform of vague policy proposals, outright lies, deflection of attempts to more closely examine his suitability to hold public office, and he surrounds himself with bigots, racists, and xenophobes. This is very real and tangible. He HAS done something.

By seeking public office, he's volunteered to live under a microscope, just like every other President. Now he needs to stop squirming so we can see who and what he is. That's a process, btw, that should have been completed before he was elected.

Last edited:
In

A good point. There seems to be an awful lot of talk trying to stifle criticism of Trump, both by Trump himself, and his supporters.

You trumpettes ( not directed at you, jimru) out there say "give him a chance, he hasn't done anything yet" miss the point.

He HAS done something. He's been elected on a platform of vague policy proposals, outright lies, deflection of attempts to more closely examine his suitability to hold public office, and he surrounds himself with bigots, racists, and xenophobes. This is very real and tangible. He HAS done something.

By seeking office, he's volunteered to live under a microscope, just like every other President. Now he needs to stop squirming so we can see who and what he is. That's a process, btw, that should have been completed before he was elected.
I agree with you and Trump was not my choice and I am not a Trump supporter.

I choose to look at it like this, he's gonna be president and no amount of complaining on a forum is going to change that. So, I will instead hold his feet to the fire. That's my right and I will practice it.

Absolutely. And it's our right to criticize him on an internet forum. Why not do both? :p
Oh, believe me. When the times comes and I feel he is stepping on somebody's rights or taking away from the poor, I will become a vocal majority on this very forum.

As of right now he has good points. Trade agreements being one I am right on board with. If he gets rid of the health care mandate it would help a lot as well.

Yes, he has said some things I don't like. But at this point its just lip service and nothing else. I will be watching.

I will fight Trump, Pence, Ryan, Etc. all the way within the bounds of the law to my last breath if they start trying to gut entitlements instead of looking at measures to strengthen them.

i have always stated and will continue to do so that if you bring back good paying jobs offering good benefits like we used to have in this country, Train individuals to work these jobs and take measures to reign in the unchecked greed then the entitlement spending would take care of itself and be a moot point.

I will fight Trump, Pence, Ryan, Etc. all the way within the bounds of the law to my last breath if they start trying to gut entitlements instead of looking at measures to strengthen them.

i have always stated and will continue to do so that if you bring back good paying jobs offering good benefits like we used to have in this country, Train individuals to work these jobs and take measures to reign in the unchecked greed then the entitlement spending would take care of itself and be a moot point.
I agree with you 1000%!

We cannot, as a country, kick people off programs to help the poor without doing anything to fix the problem. I will do the same as you if that becomes true, but I don't think it will.

The great thing is we have people willing to make noise. I'm sure when somebodies grandmother gets kicked off assistance or a single mother of 2 gets kicked off assistance, **it will hit the fan.

The good thing is the hurtful baby boomers are getting old. Some time in the future they won't even be a factor and most people today support these programs. All while the old folks say "not with my tax dollars" because they built a life and they are clueless when it comes to the struggles of today.

Millennials overtake Baby Boomers as America’s largest generation | Pew Research Center

And this is a good thing in my book. These younger people grew up in a hard world. And they represent those people.

NOTE: Not all baby boomers are bad people, not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.