R30 Changing PL code issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Trying to enter civil air patrol in memory bank. After entering frequency, I change the tone and it already assigned a PL code, but I need a different code according to the RR database. It won’t let me change it. Am doing this manually. I am pressing the quick button. I can change everything else but the PL code. Suggestions?

Hit_Factor

Somehow you are missing the correct key sequence. Keep trying things and reread the manual. Forget what you know about uniden scanners, it doesn't apply here.

When the pl freq is displayed on screen (during quick edit) use the up and down rocker buttons to change pl freq. Must have one of the tone options enabled first, I think you do, just saying it out loud.

If a setting gives me fits I save the memory channels to a csv on the so card, edit the csv on my computer, and import it back into the receiver.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Kenwood TH-D74 Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

Last edited:

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Have read over both manuals. Am doing the correct procedure. Even deleted and re entered and it still gets pre assigned that PL code. Looking at getting the software soon so I don’t have to manually input.

Hit_Factor

I think I misunderstood, the preassigned value is probably working as intended, scroll up to the required freq then save(overwrite).

Have you tried export csv? You'll learn a lot about how the radio formats the parameters for each freq .

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Kenwood TH-D74 Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Figured it out. Have to use the pad to change the numbers. Didn’t see this in either manual. I just happen to bump the pad and saw it change.

Hit_Factor

Yes, I called them the up and down rocker buttons in my first post.

73, K8HIT

Status
Not open for further replies.