Channel Master Monitenna 5094A Base Station Scanner Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mule1075

Feed Provider

trp2525

What antenna is equal to it's performance in today's market?

I personally don't know of any comparable antenna to the Channel Master 5094/5094A Monitenna that is currently being manufactured and sold today. The Antennacraft ST2 Scantenna along with the Radio Shack equivalents (Radio Shack catalog numbers 20-042 and 20-044) were of a very similar design to the Channel Master antenna but all of those antennas have also been discontinued and are no longer in production. Some sources for these antennas today (used and sometimes even new-in-box) may include eBay, Craigslist, estate sales, ham swap meets, RR classifieds, etc.

As a point of interest I previously contacted Channel Master about bringing back their 5094A 5-band Monitenna seeing that there was a market (in my opinion) for a reasonably-priced all-band scanner antenna that had very good performance. They did reply and stated that they had no interest in manufacturing/selling a scanner antenna at that time when I contacted them.

mule1075

Feed Provider
As a point of interest I previously contacted Channel Master about bringing back their 5094A 5-band Monitenna seeing that there was a market (in my opinion) for a reasonably-priced all-band scanner antenna that had very good performance. They did reply and stated that they had no interest in manufacturing/selling a scanner antenna at that time when I contacted them.

I know it is a niche market but I think they would make a killing. But that is still if they own the IP for the antenna. Same with the A/S Monr series.

mule1075

Feed Provider
If anyone reading this thread is actively looking for a Channel Master Monitenna, I just came across one on Craigslist. It's used and it is the original 5094 model that did not cover 800-900 MHz (only covered VHF-Low, VHF-High, UHF and UHF-T). Here's the link if you want to have a look: https://westernmass.craigslist.org/ele/d/channelmaster-monitenna-5094/6487854923.html
Doubtful the seller will ship it. Might want to post this over at Scan New England forum also. The seller more than likely bought that at Stark Electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.