Charger Crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hello All!
I just started using my new MAHA MH-C801D charger. This thing is AWESOME! I had just purchased 8 new Sanyo 2700mAh batteries. I just could not wait 1 more day for the charger to get here so I rushed (cooked?) them in my 15 minute charger. Bad idea! They only lasted a couple of hours (4) on my AOR-8200 juice hog! When the charger got here, I threw them in and let it do its thing. Well, I ran my 8200 with the light set to come on with every transmittion that came in! It began at 10:00AM and the radio went all day until 10:05PM before the low battery symbol came on. 12 hours straight! What a difference a charger makes. I'm nuts over this thing! Anyone else have one of these? I'd be curious to know if anyone else has experienced something like this....

Manny

don333

Manny,
I have the MAHA C401FSB and am using ACCU-POWER DIGITAL 2900's in my GRE PSR-500. With just normal scanning I'm getting 16 to 18 hours out of them. Hoping for some higher capacity batteries 3000 or 3100 that will run the radio for a full 24 hours.

Don
BNN 333

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks LEH!
Looks intersting! After already investing in the 2700 mAh Sanyos I cant jump to new ones right away but its something to keep in mind! I wonder if we will ever get to 3000 or higher mAh batteries....

Manny

CLTX11

Mutt, I just received that same exact charger a few weeks ago. You get what you pay for, its pricey but darn worth it. I am glad I spent the money.

N1BHH

scanernutt said:
Thanks LEH!
Looks intersting! After already investing in the 2700 mAh Sanyos I cant jump to new ones right away but its something to keep in mind! I wonder if we will ever get to 3000 or higher mAh batteries....

Manny

You can bet your behind. I bought a Yaesu FT60R which is supplied with a 1400 mAH NiMH and I found online a couple manufacturers that have a 2500 mAH exact size replacement. Back when the IC-2AT came out all you could get for the longest time was an OEM BP-8 which was only 800mAH and a while later manufacturers came out with 1200-1400 mAH NiCd's and some even had NiMH's. Now when a radio comes out with an OEM battery of 1400 mAH and outside manufacturers double that, then you know they will come up with higher capacity batteries. I thought the old 2 volt 400 AH telephone batteries were the best thing when doing a Field Day battery setup, with 7 of them in series. The leap is right around the corner. There are probably some that are in R&D right now to break the 3000 mAH barrier.

I use 2500 mAH NiMH RayOVacs in my PRO-97 when just a few years ago I could only get 1600 mAH NiMH's

Status
Not open for further replies.