Charlesdom, BEWARE of - unk aliases

Status
Not open for further replies.

GumbyCT

Charlesdom currently has two scams working (linked below) and hasn't been caught just yet. Not sure if he is using another name at this point, so BEWARE and be careful.

http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...al-handheld-scanner-post1143355.html#poststop

http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...s-optoscan535-board-post1145958.html#poststop

I have filed a dispute with Paypal and IC3.

Charles - it's time to come clean. I don't know what makes people do things like this but I know there are lots of finger prints. Come clean dude.

Does CA have laws against fraud? I know CT does.

GumbyCT

How Much?

Update how much you sent to Charlesdom here, so we can get a total of how much is involved.

I sent $275 via Paypal for Pro106.

davidbond21

I bought that same Pro-106 apparently for $275 through PayPal as well. Haven't heard back from him yet since. This was on 8/31 and I thought that I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, though for the past 4-5 days I've been feeling like I was scammed. Was waiting another day or two before filing PayPal claim but I guess I'll go do that right now.

mcarrico2

Premium Subscriber
scammed too

I sent 250 paypal on the 31st also. I already contacted paypal and my Bank.

I bought that same Pro-106 apparently for $275 through PayPal as well. Haven't heard back from him yet since. This was on 8/31 and I thought that I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, though for the past 4-5 days I've been feeling like I was scammed. Was waiting another day or two before filing PayPal claim but I guess I'll go do that right now.

GumbyCT

Total $800

Total $800 so far. I thought there was one other person?

Character is how you behave when no one is watching.

davidbond21

Character is how you behave when no one is watching.

That's a good point, but it brings us to a better one. Now, I'm not a believer in karma, but I am a "knower" of karma(as in first hand knowledge vs faith that it exists). I've experienced both the good and bad returns on deeds I've done, and am waiting still to see the results of other past actions that have not yet come back on me. It's simple, though very subjective, but what goes around comes around, as an example the previous person who ripped me off of my cash, was themselves robbed at gunpoint later on. This is just one of my experiences, which proves nothing in itself, but in all my time, this seems to be the trend I've observed.

Last edited by a moderator:

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Pro2035

I sent via PayPal $200 for the PRO2035 scanner on Aug 30, 2009.
I have not heard from him since.

JSTARS03

GumbyCT

Update

UPDATE - Total = $1k sent to CD at cdpayple397@gmail.com
by 4 people from RadioReference. 3 for the very same radio. Is that Fraud?

I was notified by Paypal they have decided in my favor they just have not refunded the money. I guess the next step is the Criminal Investigation.

You would think someone (CD) who recovers data from hard drives would know he has left finger prints to his house.

Best Online Business Resource with SEO Optimization Software | Web Design Software | HTML Editor - Craigslist Software | Data Recovery Service, system optimization, windows optimizer, backup software, virus removal, worm removal, trojan horse removal

goto the bottom of the page -
Ship to:
--Personal Info removed...Burner50--
Email: universal.ubs@verizon.net

CD apparently also sells on Ebay too.

If you sent him money - give him a call. He answered when I did but the Police told me they left him a message, hmmm, wonder what they message was?

If your in his neighborhood - BEWARE. He must be under stress.
I just hope he's not posting under another name.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidbond21

I too filed a PayPal dispute a couple weeks back and I just got a email today saying that they had decided the case in my favor, and they also recovered $119.49 from his account to refund to me.

I'm sure that Charles Dominick(i.e. scammer) logged in to PayPal and, completely missing the irony, was *shocked* to see money had been taken out of his account, gone never to be seen again. Or at least that's the scenario I'm imagining that makes me feel better.

GumbyCT

I too filed a PayPal dispute a couple weeks back and I just got a email today saying that they had decided the case in my favor, and they also recovered $119.49 from his account to refund to me.

I'm sure that Charles Dominick(i.e. scammer) logged in to PayPal and, completely missing the irony, was *shocked* to see money had been taken out of his account, gone never to be seen again. Or at least that's the scenario I'm imagining that makes me feel better.
I'm curious how much you paid him?

He prob won't be asking them why either. I'm still hopeful I will get something back. I know the police are still on it.

davidbond21

I'm curious how much you paid him?

He prob won't be asking them why either. I'm still hopeful I will get something back. I know the police are still on it.

It was $275(it's posted above, #3), so I got about 43% of what I paid back. I'm guessing that whenever they(PayPal) had finished looking at my claim and decided for me, he just happened to have that much in his account from some other sale or whatever.

I sincerely hope that you and everyone else that got taken by this guy get your money back, just as much as I want the rest of mine hard earned money back. Nobody deserves to robbed, especially during the economic times we're in now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.