Charlotte PD riot comms switch to CEU1 system 13??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxwarn285

Was listening to the Charlotte riot comms via a feed provider, they were using university city dispatch for quite a while then things started getting really really bad on I-85 and they switched to CEU1 system 13 per command and dispatch, cannot find a such tg and what is system 13? I looked at other systems and couldn't find it. I'm sure it's probably encrypted, but still curious especially about system 13 since it was not listed.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Only dispatch and special event channels may be streamed to a feed. These agencies know this and for security reasons they move comms to a non-feed channel. Or it may have been moved for mutual aid purposes as often during these types of events other state, county, and local agencies are called in to assist.

Last edited:

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I would love to be scanning the Charlotte area now with Democrats rioting again and the National Guard called in. I have a friend who works at the nuke plant up there and says that he can't even go to work because of the riots. Bad for the town but good for the scanner listeners.

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
For sure, heavy use of encryption. Routine CMPD ops still in the clear but the SWAT and Violent Crimes units, etc... are encrypted. The CEU (Civil Emergency Unit) comms appear to be on CEU1, also certainly encrypted.

I imagine that the NCNG will be using 800Mhz radios for interoperability with locals. I have been monitoring both the VIPER and UASI P25 systems and thought that the NCNG VIPER talkgroup(s) might be active but haven't seen anything yet.

Trying to hear anything 'good' will be impossible. Pretty routine stuff on the normal channels last evening, even in the thick of it all.

rufus-7

Is anyone streaming the inter ops talkgroup from the viper or the uasi system providing they're not encrypted?

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Tonight (Thursday) there is activity on "events bravo 2", "troop H common 2 and National Guard tag 52043. Add "events delta 2". All on Viper

Last edited:

rufus-7

Iunfortunately do not live in North Carolina so I'm unable to tune in with my scanner.

drayd48

Tonight (Thursday) there is activity on "events bravo 2", "troop H common 2 and National Guard tag 52043. Add "events delta 2". All on Viper

Also on Meck Events 17. That seems to be the main channel. I am unfortunately about 10 miles out of range or I would listen

rufus-7

Looks like the feed provider shut down the feed temporarily again. I searched for the troop h feed but its not listed, i guess nobody has a feed set up for it. I would love to listen to the national Guardsmen deployed there. I used to be a guardsman about 20 years ago.

rufus-7

Would anyone in the immediate area of theatre put up a feed of the national guard and mecks events 17 talkgroups so us out of staters would be able to monitor. Thanks in advance.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone in the immediate area of theatre put up a feed of the national guard and mecks events 17 talkgroups so us out of staters would be able to monitor. Thanks in advance.

Nothing to see or hear here in Charlotte. Large crowd of protesters tonight but no rioting as of 12:30 am. Thank God for a peaceful evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.