Charlottesville/Albemarle new talkgroup id?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prthorsenjr

Howdy,

In my travels last evening, I think that I saw (glanced at, actually) a new talk groupd id in the area. If memory serves me correctly it was 30000. I could be wrong and it might have popped up here prior and just not be listed in the database. Did anyone else happen to catch it and know what it might be linked to?

Also, I also saw that they were talking around on the Zone 14 Blue. What are those zones and what sectors do the colors represent? Just a newbie and curious.

Pete

dtscho

Database Admin
prt7u said:
In my travels last evening, I think that I saw (glanced at, actually) a new talk groupd id in the area. If memory serves me correctly it was 30000. I could be wrong and it might have popped up here prior and just not be listed in the database. Did anyone else happen to catch it and know what it might be linked to?

I think talkgroups like that (26000, 30000, 34000) may be used for general broadcasts, lookouts, etc. Sort of an all talkgroup (ATG).

However, I think some more listening is needed before we can say what they're definitely used for.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.