Charlottesville and vsp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
I was talking with a friend of mine about Charlottesville's 800 MHz system and the fact that they still have to upgrade from Motorola smartnet to p25 phase 1 or phase 2. He said that Charlottesville is already on phase 1. I don't think that's correct. I know that vsp is on p25 phase 1 per the radio reference database, but I doubt that Charlottesville is. When I have scanned Charlottesville and vsp on my 436hp, every time there is activity in a channel for EITHER system, it comes up on the display 'nfm p25'. I thought I read somewhere that for phase 1 it would come up 'p1' or 'p2' in the display for which version the system is on. Can anybody clarify?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
When I have scanned Charlottesville and vsp on my 436hp, every time there is activity in a channel for EITHER system, it comes up on the display 'nfm p25'. I thought I read somewhere that for phase 1 it would come up 'p1' or 'p2' in the display for which version the system is on. Can anybody clarify?

Which scanner? The 436 will show "P25" for Phase 1, and "PT0" or "PT1" for Phase 2 (slot 0 or 1). If you are seeing "P25" that's P25 Phase 1.

Last edited:

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Charlottesville has an analog control channel with a digital or analog talk channel depending on the talk group. Smart Zone. While the audio is P25 phase 1 . The whole system does not qualify as a P25 system

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Gmanx that's what I was thinking. So it's just the audio that's p25 phase 1. Good to know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.