• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Cheapest place for PSR-500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalm

Hi guys,

I tried the usual methods, google/froogle etc. but no joy.

Can you post the vendors/stores where you bought your PSR-500's from and for how much?

There's a radioshack in town, but I doubt they'll be cheapest.

David.

raisindot

Napalm said:
Hi guys,

I tried the usual methods, google/froogle etc. but no joy.

Can you post the vendors/stores where you bought your PSR-500's from and for how much?

There's a radioshack in town, but I doubt they'll be cheapest.

David.
I haven't found a single place that sells it new for less than $499. Universal had an open box one listed on their site for $480 awhile ago, but why bother when you can get a new one for $19 more?

Instead of trying to find a lower price, try to save money on shipping and taxes. Some places ship for free, and some don't charge sales taxes. I got my via Ebay from Lentini Communications. No sales tax and no shipping, so the whole cost was $499 even paid through Paypal, and it arrived two days after I bought it.

Suzie

Patch42

I spent a couple hours searching online before buying mine. I found that everyone selling the PSR-500 wanted essentially the same amount for it. I bought mine from the local ham radio shop since the price was the same and I got the instant gratification.

Napalm

Ok, thanks fellas.

That was the conclusion I came up with.

I also hate waiting for things to be delivered, so I may see if there are any radio shops besides RS in and around the area.

(Bridgeport/Trumbull CT)

raisindot

Napalm said:
Ok, thanks fellas.

That was the conclusion I came up with.

I also hate waiting for things to be delivered, so I may see if there are any radio shops besides RS in and around the area.

(Bridgeport/Trumbull CT)
Radio Shack doesn't carry them, I don't think.

However, Letini Communications is located in Newington, CT. Not sure how far that is away from where you are.

Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.