checksum#

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpm

on the 396 not registering as the screen shows. says i need the checksum# which i did get after appyling the esn loader
on the 996 won't update for the checksum#. the program wants a registration key.

PLEASE help!!!!!

f*%# the spelling grammar and whatever you english major nit pick about.

Last edited:

Airdorn

jpm said:
on the 396 not registering as the screen shows. says i need the checksum# which i did get after appyling the esn loader
on the 996 won't update for the checksum#. the program wants a registration key.

The program only wants a registration key if you are updating from 1.x firmware to 2.x firmware. If you are updating the 996T to that latest 1.x firmware in order to get the 996T to a revision that will give you the ESN checksum, then you just ignore the box for the registration key.

Once you update it and then get the ESN and the ESN checksum from the 996T, you'll enter all that information as requested on the website.

The website asks for the LAST 9 DIGITS of the ESN, the serial number (from the back of the scanner) and the checksum. Enter all the information correctly and you'll then get a registration key and a link to the 2.x firmware. Use the registration key for the 2.x firmware, because you are going from 1.x to 2.x.

There's already a big thread about all this that you can read for better instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.