Cheesequake Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Well taking my kids camping at Cheesequake Park in Matawan this weekend and will be bring my new psr800 my question is does anyone have the freq. the park uses and NJFFS for middlesex county? I know the park police are on the state system and Old Bridge police also patrol the park so I have that.I am also looking for anything that might be good listing well there.

Thanks in advance
BOB

GM

Premium Subscriber
The park uses the DEP frequencies, mostly channel 5 (159.4650 PL 179.9). I would have all of the DEP frequencies programmed in, as the State Park Police jump from VHF to TRS from time to time. I also know that the staff uses cellular phones for most communications, even though as a volunteer at the Nature Center, I advised them against that. But when the equipment in use is over 20 years old, well, you know where I'm going with it...

Tech792

You might want to call the Cheesequake park office before leaving. The park was closed the last few days due to storm damage but may be reopened by now.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Spoke to park today all is set for this weekend we were going last weekend but the b**ch changed are plans on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.