Chelsea Alabama Law Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker44

Hello, I am useing a Radio Shack Pro651 scanner and it is programed with ARC500 software.
Theres alot about scanning that is still new to me.
I have the Chelsea Law 152.72000 frequency programed is the scanner .I get a strong signal showing on the signal strength meter but no audio at all , no noise or any thing . The light on the scanner will light up as it should when receiving a signal.
Scanner showes P1D -FM-and sometimes the FM flashes over to DG.
It also showes that it is in Convential and asigned to a scan list.
Maybe this scanner want pick up there signal any more due to some changes, just not aware if that may be the case.
Any one have any idea what may be going on ????
TNX

jfarr318

Chelsea Law

Hello, I am useing a Radio Shack Pro651 scanner and it is programed with ARC500 software.
Theres alot about scanning that is still new to me.
I have the Chelsea Law 152.72000 frequency programed is the scanner .I get a strong signal showing on the signal strength meter but no audio at all , no noise or any thing . The light on the scanner will light up as it should when receiving a signal.
Scanner showes P1D -FM-and sometimes the FM flashes over to DG.
It also showes that it is in Convential and asigned to a scan list.
Maybe this scanner want pick up there signal any more due to some changes, just not aware if that may be the case.
Any one have any idea what may be going on ????
TNX

Chelsea is covered by the Shelby County Sheriff for law enforcement. Shelby SO uses a Project 25 Phase 2 VHF system. There is no one specific frequency that covers only Chelsea. Unless your scanner can decode P25 Phase 2 and track the control channel commands and I don't think it will; you will not hear anything other than digital noise that is on a 6.25khz offset from the main 12.5khz channel.

Tracker44

TNX jfarr318 for the information.. I sort of thought that may be the case.
O well, now I at least know whats going on .
I guess I will just take them out of the scanner. I believe that Radio Shack Pro 651 is only a Phase 1 scanner.
TNX again , and take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.