Cherokee County Sheriff Freq. descrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
Folks, I am racking my brain here can anyone help. I downloaded Cherokee County Sheriff on to my Sentinel and loaded all the channels into my SDS100. Should have been that easy right?? I compared the channels from my SDS 100 vs Broadcastify and Broadcastify seems to have a channel that I might be missing for the Sherrif Dept. Its actually the one that's most active. I get Holly Springs, Nelson on mine but I am not getting channels that as Broadcastify has listed foir this area. I matched the channels, PL and everything listed on Broadcastify to my settings and they are spot on. Can't be antenna because I have a scanner antenna on a 70 foot pole. Any suggestion folks??

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
Folks, I am racking my brain here can anyone help. I downloaded Cherokee County Sheriff on to my Sentinel and loaded all the channels into my SDS100. Should have been that easy right?? I compared the channels from my SDS 100 vs Broadcastify and Broadcastify seems to have a channel that I might be missing for the Sherrif Dept. Its actually the one that's most active. I get Holly Springs, Nelson on mine but I am not getting channels that as Broadcastify has listed foir this area. I matched the channels, PL and everything listed on Broadcastify to my settings and they are spot on. Can't be antenna because I have a scanner antenna on a 70 foot pole. Any suggestion folk

I live in Troup County and drive to work in Canton Monday thru Friday. I have all the channels that you described in my SDS100 also. I always switch my FL on for Cherokee County when i get off I-75 onto I-575. I pick up the same thing you do until I get to my office which is down the hill from the Driver License office and then its only the sheriff and GSP. I was listening to Cherokee County on Broadcastify yesterday from my house and I too thought that it was awful busy, more than I usually get during the week. I don't think that you have an antenna problem. Just remember that I'm driving up 575 and getting that same as you in my car all I have for an antenna is my SpectrumForce Wideband Antenna With Mag Mount.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
About to change going to 800 P25 in August. From a source that’s in Cherokee Fire.

Dustin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nd5y

The database is not complete or accurate.
Location data might not be accurate even if the frequencies and talkgroups are.
All the data is submitted by users who may or may not know what the hell they are doing and entered by admins who might make mistakes or also may not know what the hell they are doing.
Frequencies and talkgroups can change. The database doesn't change unless somebody submits corrected data.

When you blindly download the database to a scanner without verifying that the data for a particular area is actually good then don't be surprised if you don't hear certain things.

Reactions: RRR

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
About to change going to 800 P25 in August. From a source that’s in Cherokee Fire.

Dustin

I heard the same thing. From what I heard it's going to be on the Cobb system. What I don't know is that whether encryption will be used or not. Anyone privy that info yet?

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Not sure at this time on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.