Chesapeake Project 16 - No copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA4HHG

Premium Subscriber
So, I can copy Chesapeake City's Project 25 seemingly all ok but I sse the scanner popo up with another talk group, labled "Project 16." Am getting not hits on Project 16. Anyone know why ?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did someone affiliate that was not using P2? The system will revert to Phase 1 for such actions until that tg drops

Mike

kc4jgc

Chuck,
Are you seeing this on the new system?
I haven't been able to receive anything on the Chesapeake system, which tells me everything is phase II, but the database here says the only talk groups listed as phase II are the Regent University (CBN) police. Can you confirm whether or not it's all phase II (except for what you're seeing)?

Other than that, I have heard of phase II systems that will automatically switch a talk group to phase I if someone affiliates in that mode as Mike says. Usually a user from a neighboring locality.

rogress

The channels I listen to are are still Phase I (east/west dispatch, records, tac channels). I think the database is still correct (all phase I except Regent University police).

Chuck,
I haven't been able to receive anything on the Chesapeake system, which tells me everything is phase II, but the database here says the only talk groups listed as phase II are the Regent University (CBN) police. Can you confirm whether or not it's all phase II (except for what you're seeing)?

Other than that, I have heard of phase II systems that will automatically switch a talk group to phase I if someone affiliates in that mode as Mike says. Usually a user from a neighboring locality.

MotoTRK

The "Project 16" system is n longer on the air and is 110% dismantled at the tower sites, that was the old SmartZone type 2 system that was aging faster and faster every day for the city. And all TG's as stated above except for Regnt University/CBN are all P25 P1.

WA4HHG

Premium Subscriber
Chesapeake Proj 16

Thanks to you and everyone else for the note back. I came to the conclusion that the Project 16 system is off the air and deleted it. I can copy the P-26 system on my '536 but nada the 996XT. There is a used BCD996P2 around as well as a 536. I'm over in Deep Creek w/ no outside scanner antenna as yet but am going to change that here in a bit and maybe be able to hear the beach and Norfolk.

Listening to Portsmouth has been an eye-opener. Lived here 40 years and have always heard discussion about what goes on in that city. It seems to all be reasonably close to the mark, especially on weekend evenings. Wow !

We outta get together and compare notes, especially in the arena of antennas.

Chuck, K8HU

Chuck,

Status
Not open for further replies.