Chesapeake TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikext

The issues with monitoring that everyone was experiencing should over now. It was taken care of this past Friday.

bep

Premium Subscriber
This AM (Thursday) I have zero reception. I received a marginal signal, but could get several bars. Still today, after checking the CC I still have nothing.

What has or is changing, I have heard so many stories.

Thanks

bep

Premium Subscriber
Well I deleted what I had in the scanner and using Win500 added everything from a web download.
Still nothing.

Hmmmmmmm

rogress

I provide the live audio feed for Chesapeake PD East and West. Some time ago I had to abandon my Pro-96 and swtich to a Pro-106, because the Pro-106 seemed to be less susceptible to hanging (which I guess was caused by that Greenbrier digital repeater problem that someone mentioned in another thread.).

I had also noticed that scanner/antenna positioning seemed to be much more critical than it used to be. When I purchased a new Pro-197, I thought it wasn't working, until I moved to do a different spot in the house, then the Chesapeake signal was fine. I never remembered this being in issue when I first moved to the Great Bridge section of Chesapeake.

N4FTN

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the Roanoke area and have experienced a similar situation with the Roanoke County P25 system. It is a multi-site simulcast system like Chesapeake. I never had receive problems in Chesapeake wherever I traveled.

But, in Roanoke when they moved to the P25 system I began to experience lots of receive issues based on location. My scanner (396T) would have full signal but receive/decode nothing. I'd move a few feet in some cases or down the block in others, and the system would be received fully.

I concluded this was a situation of receiving competing cc signals from different sites and the scanner not being able to discriminate between them, OR, some sort of signal conflict when receiving two cc signals simultaneously.

I live on the outskirts of their coverage (Botetourt Co) and have no problems with reception.

Do you think this is applicable to the Chesapeake situation you're describing??

gcgrotz

We have had that problem in Charlottesville, it is also multi-site. I know from experience that multi-site digital signals can interfere with each other in certain cases and the decoding circuits can only tolerate so much error before failing.

BTW, I'm using a 396T here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.