Chesapeake???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpasq

About 7:30 pm tonight I noticed Chesapeake went silent on my 436HP. However, other surrounding cities were being received no problem. I still get transmissions on Brodcastify live feed and the app Action Scanner, and I have heard the dispatch say they are having radio problems. I cannot figure out how these streaming apps are getting transmissions but my scanner is not? I tried reloading the card, replacing the card, but no change. ANY IDEAS? I miss hearing my local chatter. Really weird, only this city and the live streaming apps are operating fine. help!!! Btw, on the streaming broadcasts, I only hear PD, no fire, but on my scanner I hear nothing from the RR database freqs.

vpasq

Wow, that's really frustrating. My scanner just keeps scanning, nothing being received. I verified everything to make sure nothing was corrupted. Odd thing is it was working just fine until about 7pm. Hmmmmm don't know where to go from here. I can't believe it could be the scanner since I am getting Portsmouth, Suffolk, Vbeach no prob, just Chesapeake stopped working and I just cannot figure out why.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Last night sometime they announced they had been having radio issues all night, sounds like now they're using ORION TG 1, CPD 1

vpasq

Thanks so much for giving me my sanity back. I spent hours rechecking everything, changing cards, checking the database, settings, etc and no help. I never put Orion in, so now I will definitely add it so I can get back to listening. Again, thank you.

vpasq

Seems like a mixture of the 800 and Orion tonight. Wow, they must really be having probs. Seemed ok yesterday though.

bep

Premium Subscriber
Tuesday 8:45am switching back to ORION. They should just stay on ORION, seem like a lot of work making the switch

jim202

It would be interesting to find out what the underlying problem is with the radio system. It could be from a number of different causes. There really are only three that could cause outages. The trunking switch has a problem. The link from the switch to the tower sites has a problem. The dispatch consoles have a problem.

No one said there were any power outages, so I am not bringing that cause up.

There could be a remote possibility that a tower site is sending crap data back to the switch and that could cause a problem.

I left out that there could be a major GPS satellite system failure, but that would effect just about every trunking system and cellular carrier around the country. There would have been other posts from around the country if this was part of the problem.

Too bad no one on here has any contacts with the radio service shop to get their input on the outage.

I don't always trust any feedback the public safety agencies provide. They generally don't want any publicity about a radio system failure to go public. They will try to deflect any finger pointing away from them and try to put the blame on an auto accident, power failure or the weather.

kc4jgc

I noticed usage on ORION on Monday evening. Figured something was up. Interesting it's a little over a month since our scanners were getting lock up with data, eventually getting corrected. Is the Moto Astro system that old?

Status
Not open for further replies.