Chester County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastormg2

Jerry,
It sounds like your ground system is shorting out your mast and antenna's. Myself, I wouldn't worry about grounding it. But that is up to you. I have the BCD325P2 and I work in Malvern. I pick up East Central no problem, but of course nothing for West.

You have to consider, that most 700-800 MHZ radio's transmit at extremely low power 5 to 10 watts at the most. Plus, Chester County has a lot of low spots. They had that problem with the LTR System from EF Johnson. It was so bad that they had to re-broadcast the transmissions on a VHF frequency so the Police and Fire could receive Dispatch.

The only way that these systems work is thru repeaters. But, If they don't have the power turned up for the repeater, you will not receive them. Plus, it's like Bucks County. They don't really want people from other counties receiving their broadcasts. They will tell you we are not encrypting (Except for certain channels) but the wattage is so low, good luck in receiving it. For me to receive both Bucks and Chester I would have to have 2 different scanners and 2 directional antenna's.

I have a 50 foot tower because I am an Amateur Radio Operator. But as long as I can pick up Montgomery County from where I live, that is sufficient to me. I hate to say it, but Motorola and all these other 800 MHZ manufacturer's have sold the police agencies nothing more than a piece of crap! They can't copy dispatch and they can't copy car to car. So what is the benefit? They were better using the old VHF and UHF frequencies that they had. The power was higher and communication was much more reliable.

You might want to get a Ham to come and take a good look at your grounding situation. He may be able to see where the problem is. Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello Group,
I just bought a 996P2 and for the life of me cannot decode anything…Shows that it is tracking, used everything from a stubby to attic antennas. Drove miles away in the car…nadda. Entered proper re-band tables.

I have been working my way thru the decoding thresholds.

Any ideas 996P2 owners?

Dave

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
How does it do on conventional signals?? If they boom in strongly at least you know it's not a bad solder at the antenna connector or something similar. Also Attenuator off of course?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Hey not to wake up old threads but at this point are all talkgroups on the Chester County system transmitting in Phase 2 TDMA?

Has any one noticed a recent change in the quality and volume of the transmissions in chester county? it seems to be a lower volume and worse quality of the transmissions. Also, I used RR to reprogram a bcd325p2 scanner using output frequencies. Do I need to program the input frequencies too?

Septa3371CSX1

Has any one noticed a recent change in the quality and volume of the transmissions in chester county? it seems to be a lower volume and worse quality of the transmissions. Also, I used RR to reprogram a bcd325p2 scanner using output frequencies. Do I need to program the input frequencies too?

No need for input frequencies - you only need to program the system as a P25 trunk system. Quality of transmissions likely has to do with LSM since this is a simulcast system.

jim202

Jerry,
It sounds like your ground system is shorting out your mast and antenna's. Myself, I wouldn't worry about grounding it.

Let's be careful here on what your telling another person on here. Grounding an antenna mast is a life safety issue and covered by the "National Electrical Code". In many cases your home owners insurance also has a strong influence on what you do.

The way the person described what he did to ground his antenna mast is the correct way of doing it. If you take a lightning strike and the house sustains damage, if the insurance company finds the antenna system was not grounded correctly, they could refuse to pay the damages.

Falcon4

First thanks to all on here who posted all the information on this system. The harris presentation definitely gave me the opportunity to wrap my head around this system. I've been listening since Friday with a 436.While listening last night I noticed that the system seemed pretty "quiet" I wasn't getting any traffic on any of the municipal police talkgroups which I found odd. Did a threshold adjustment 7 and set the squelch to 1 and boom. Enjoying listening to county somethings surprise me it seems Central Dispatch is busier than West. I would have never bet on that.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
FYI

Seems like West Chester PD is about to or already has migrated to the new system.
been hearing comms for about a week.

West Chester PD Dispatch 1154

UID's in the 1010nn/1015nn range with dispatch ID 5200002 (a W Goshen PD Base ID)

also had 2 hits on unidentified TG 6644 with a UID of 4404552 (a W Fallowfield Twp EMA/PW ID)

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
New TG Series coming online

Looks like a new series of TG's is being used by Municipalities in addition to the posted Municipal TG's currently in the 4600's.

If correct the following TG's should be added to the DB. Keep an eye out, Is any one else is getting these.

today I received a TG 6660 with id's belonging to New Garden Twp PW 6004550-56

In theory these should be correct, had 6660 today and 6644 hit last week.

West Chester Borough PW 6601
Malvern Borough PW 6602
Kennett Square Borough PW 6603
Avondale Borough PW 6604
West Grove Borough PW 6605
Oxford Borough PW 6606
Atglen Borough PW 6607
Parkesburg Borough PW 6608
South Coatesville Borough PW 6609
Modena Borough PW 6610
Downingtown Borough PW 6611
Honey Brook Borough PW 6612
Elverson Borough PW 6613
Spring City Borough PW 6614
Phoenixville Borough PW 6615
Coatesville City PW 6616
North Coventry Twp PW 6617
East Coventry Twp PW 6618
Warwick Twp PW 6619
South Coventry Twp PW 6620
East Vincent Twp PW 6621
Honeybrook Twp PW 6622
West Nantmeal Twp PW 6623
East Nantmeal Twp PW 6624
West Vincent Twp PW 6625
East Pikeland Twp PW 6626
Schuylkill Twp PW 6627
West Caln Twp PW 6628
West Brandywine Twp PW 6629
East Brandywine Twp PW 6630
Wallace Twp PW 6631
Upper Uwchlan Twp PW 6632
Uwchlan Twp PW 6633
West Pikeland Twp PW 6634
Charlestown Twp PW 6635
West Sadsbury Twp PW 6636
Sadsbury Twp PW 6637
Valley Twp PW 6638
Caln Twp PW 6639
East Caln Twp PW 6640
West Whiteland Twp PW 6641
East Whiteland Twp PW 6642
Tredyffrin Twp PW 6643
West Fallowfield Twp PW 6644 (01-15-2018)
Highland Twp PW 6645
Londonderry Twp PW 6646
East Fallowfield Twp PW 6647
West Marlborough Twp PW 6648
Newlin Twp PW 6649
West Bradford Twp PW 6650
East Bradford Twp PW 6651
West Goshen Twp PW 6652
East Goshen Twp PW 6653
Willistown Twp PW 6654
Easttown Twp PW 6655
Lower Oxford Twp PW 6656
Upper Oxford Twp PW 6657
Penn Twp PW 6658
London Grove Twp PW 6659
New Garden Twp PW 6660 (01-22-2018)
East Marlborough Twp PW 6661
Kennett Twp PW 6662
Pocopson Twp PW 6663
Pennsbury Twp PW 6664
Birmingham Twp PW 6665
Thornbury Twp PW 6666
Westtown Twp PW 6667
West Nottingham Twp PW 6668
East Nottingham Twp PW 6669
Elk Twp PW 6670
New London Twp PW 6671
Franklin Twp PW 6672
London Britain Twp PW 6673

sdrnewb

Can one of you kind local Chester County people please confirm the information in the first post of this thread?

Code:
SysID: 00A
WACN: 92466
Site RFSSID: 010
Site ID: 010
Site NAC: 010

Is this accurate? RRDB says differently for the 800MHZ site in the CCES system.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7690

Which is correct? 851.0625c or 851.6125c

For what it's worth I'm using OP25 and can get the 769MHz (The WEST site) to scan and decode properly. But, no matter what I do I can't get the EAST CENTRAL site to scan and decode.

Apparently they have the same NAC but only different site IDs (as I understand it - but I'm new to this). And the software is only unique by NAC, and not by the NAC/Site combination.

If any of you are using OP25 to successfully listen to BOTH site, could you please share your rx config and trunk.tsv files. I've been at this for days and can't make it work.

Jerry, perhaps you know?

THANK YOU!

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
I was sure where to post this, so I figured I would start here, since I didn't see a strict paging thread. If I'm wrong, please feel free to move to the right place/thread.

I was traveling through the county on 1/24/18 to see family and I had my VHF Minitor 6 along. I could of sworn I heard a new tone for "Medic 55/ALS" but I could be wrong. If a new tone was created, does anyone have it so I can add it to my tone list?

Thanks in advance!

royldean

If any of you are using OP25 to successfully listen to BOTH site, could you please share your rx config and trunk.tsv files. I've been at this for days and can't make it work.

I've been able to successfully listen to the east/central site from Tredyffrin, but never even attempted the west site. My RPi is at home right now, but if you want the trunk.tsv I can get it to you tomorrow (I know it's not what you asked for, though). Good luck.

--Roy

CommJunkie

I was sure where to post this, so I figured I would start here, since I didn't see a strict paging thread. If I'm wrong, please feel free to move to the right place/thread.

I was traveling through the county on 1/24/18 to see family and I had my VHF Minitor 6 along. I could of sworn I heard a new tone for "Medic 55/ALS" but I could be wrong. If a new tone was created, does anyone have it so I can add it to my tone list?

Thanks in advance!

It wasn't just created, it's been in reserve since the system was implemented years ago, just only started being used when they added ALS service.

Download the tone list from the wiki page. It's listed there.

AGRadioNut47

Premium Subscriber
Chester tones

I am wondering if you have update list for chester county fire tones I am looking for chester 65 tones. I used the number from the list that is on there now but it did not go off. Did they change there tones?

sdrnewb

I've been able to successfully listen to the east/central site from Tredyffrin, but never even attempted the west site. My RPi is at home right now, but if you want the trunk.tsv I can get it to you tomorrow (I know it's not what you asked for, though). Good luck.

--Roy
Roy if you could share it, that would be appreciated. Thank you for the offer!

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
It wasn't just created, it's been in reserve since the system was implemented years ago, just only started being used when they added ALS service.

Download the tone list from the wiki page. It's listed there.

Ahh! I see that now! I must have overlooked it! Thanks CommJunkie!

Status
Not open for further replies.