Chevy Silverado 2008 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd119

Well, I finally got a second to take a picture of my new truck's setup. I'm missing a plate for the console...don't judge ;). I finally got rid of my Stratus (http://forums.radioreference.com/pictures-your-shack-mobile-setup/196796-2005-dodge-stratus-v2.html)

Equipment:
Motorola XTL-2500
Uniden BCD996XT
Uniden BCD996T
Ram Mount console, switches.
Whelen Traffic director for the traffic director in the back.
Whelen Slimlighter for front.
Some Sirennet.com cheap lights for the alley.
Garmin GPS Receiver
Antennas are EMs from WISCOMM: EMFLX-M10001 - Poly Spring VHF/UHF BB Quarter-Wave Roof Mount 108-520 MHz Antenna - ShopWiscomm - Communication Solutions

Yes, I drilled. GPS isn't hooked up yet by the visible serial cable in a few shots ;)

Console:
UTqrz.jpg

Close up:
KMcUv.jpg

Dark Shot:
X5c0F.jpg

Antennas (missing the GPS antenna for the scanners):
3aVsa.jpg

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Can you pull into your garage with those antennas on the roof? I've been wondering about roof mount antennas for an 07 Silverado but there's not much clearance there to the top of the garage door.

Andy

sfd119

Can you pull into your garage with those antennas on the roof? I've been wondering about roof mount antennas for an 07 Silverado but there's not much clearance there to the top of the garage door.

Andy

I have about 7' 5" clearance with the truck and antennas...

KG5KS

Premium Subscriber
Is this a standard, extended or crew cab truck ? Would like to know where you put your wiring and did you take out the factory console / middle seat out ?

Thank you

Kenny

sfd119

Great setup! Probably enjoy it a little more than the Stratus?

A little more room as well ;)

Is this a standard, extended or crew cab truck ? Would like to know where you put your wiring and did you take out the factory console / middle seat out ?

Thank you

Kenny

It is an extended cab truck. I took out the middle seat...it was a pain. You have to take out the Driver & Passenger seats first to get at the center seat. The RAM Mount uses the same holes as it so you have to put that in first before you can put the seats back. If you are planning on doing this...disconnect the battery. Apparently some people have had the air bags go off if you disconnect the sensor under the seat...better safe than sorry.

All the wiring sits inside the console. I have direct power coming from the battery into the cab. From there, both pos and neg are fused and then go into a charge guard (from Havis). From the charge guard, it goes into the MASTER switch and into a RIG RUNNER power distribution. I leave the master on at all times and then let the Charge Guard shut the equipment down automatically after 30minutes (or a low voltage detection), however, I still can shut everything down with the master if the condition warrants it.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Chevrolet Silverado 2008 Installation

I also have a Chevrolet Silverado. but mine is many years older. As an aside, does anybody happen to know if it is still possible to buy vehicles without a center console? For most people the consoles are probably fine, but for amateur radio operators and scanner fans they can be a nuisance. Also, for those that have done sedans with consoles, are they easy to remove from sedans? .

lifsvr25

Premium Subscriber
Professional installation, lol

Oh don't let him fool ya, it was done professionally by a auto body shop. I was there for that part of the installation. He definitely fooled alot of the local lawman in the first couple weeks after he got this rig.

Love the antenna installation, really professional look.

Craig
Wiscomm

lindsay34654

Install

Lets the see install on your car or truck. Does it really matter who did it? he took the time to find someone and have it installed the right way, isn't that what really matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.