Chilton County

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm what frequency Chilton County Sheriff and County Fire Dispatch are on? I tried the frequency listed in the RR DB and didn't hear anything on either one while I was down there. The DB says something about Southernlinc but I'm assuming that info is outdated.

Anyone know?

Jtolar

Chief Dog Petter - Radio Junkie
I thought so... btw, SouthernLinc = Southern Company = Alabama Power, Georgia Power, etc. but right on the homepage for SouthernLinc is them talking about the MCPTT network "CriticalLINC". Southern Linc

Attachments

• CriticalLINC.PNG
    CriticalLINC.PNG
    394.9 KB · Views: 3

medic9351301

Banned
its still the southern linc network. only a name change.
one of my stations uses it still .
the only thing that changed is a update network infastructure .
and newer push to talk handset etc .
i have a friend that works maint. at uab and they have them also .

Jtolar

Chief Dog Petter - Radio Junkie
its still the southern linc network. only a name change.
one of my stations uses it still .
the only thing that changed is a update network infastructure .
and newer push to talk handset etc .
i have a friend that works maint. at uab and they have them also .

I was at Southern Company in 2012 when my Bosses Boss was moved over to SouthernLinc I believe as the CTO. That's when I figured out the connection :) never looked at SouthernLinc before. The company I am with now used to have a SMPP (SMS Gateway) connection through SouthernLinc. I just had to remove that code from the old code base.

Just found out today that they are no longer on Southernlinc but instead AT&T FirstNet. Ugh, I'm looking at moving down towards Chilton County from Jefferson County in a few years and had hoped that since it's a more rural area they'd be on conventional VHF or something instead of this crap.

I don't understand why they bother keeping active FCC licenses for their listed VHF frequencies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Just found out today that they are no longer on Southernlinc but instead AT&T FirstNet. Ugh, I'm looking at moving down towards Chilton County from Jefferson County in a few years and had hoped that since it's a more rural area they'd be on conventional VHF or something instead of this crap.

I don't understand why they bother keeping active FCC licenses for their listed VHF frequencies.
Come on down one more county, we’re still analog conventional in Autauga Co. For how long tho is anyone’s guess.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Come on down one more county, we’re still analog conventional in Autauga Co. For how long tho is anyone’s guess.

Disregard my above statement. Prattville PD just popped up on Montgomery’s TRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.