• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Yaesu: Chirp and Yaesu FT-2D support, is it in the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQ4BX

Premium Subscriber
I tried looking for this, but didn't find it in the time I had to work with. Can anyone comment of if, or when the FT2D will be supported with Chirp?

I see the FT1D, so I know there is hope.

Joe KQ4BX

As complex as the FT1D and FT2D are, I wouldn't use something like Chirp to program them. I much prefer the RT Systems software for programming.

I agree, RT Systems is the way to go. It works, covers all the features and avoids headaches. $25 for the software is reasonable for a $300 radio.

I love the programming via a MicroSD card that is incorporated into the Yaesu System Fusion radios. It makes it so much easier, especially since I have an FTM-100 in my truck. All I have to do is take the card out of the radio, take it in the house, program it, then return it to the radio. Once I read from the card, the changes are entered. It's so much easier than lugging a laptop and cable out to the vehicle, as I had to do with my FT-7900.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Joe CHIRP has their own mailing list; there's really no need for speculation when the developers can be found there. I don't believe they are on RR...the mailing list link is here...

chirp_users Info Page

In fact, I see a number of FT2D questions in the November mailing list archive, so it IS being discussed there.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.