Yaesu: Chirp and Yaesu FT-2D support, is it in the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQ4BX

Premium Subscriber
I tried looking for this, but didn't find it in the time I had to work with. Can anyone comment of if, or when the FT2D will be supported with Chirp?

I see the FT1D, so I know there is hope.

Joe KQ4BX

k6cpo

As complex as the FT1D and FT2D are, I wouldn't use something like Chirp to program them. I much prefer the RT Systems software for programming.

Aero125

I agree, RT Systems is the way to go. It works, covers all the features and avoids headaches. $25 for the software is reasonable for a $300 radio.

k6cpo

I love the programming via a MicroSD card that is incorporated into the Yaesu System Fusion radios. It makes it so much easier, especially since I have an FTM-100 in my truck. All I have to do is take the card out of the radio, take it in the house, program it, then return it to the radio. Once I read from the card, the changes are entered. It's so much easier than lugging a laptop and cable out to the vehicle, as I had to do with my FT-7900.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Joe CHIRP has their own mailing list; there's really no need for speculation when the developers can be found there. I don't believe they are on RR...the mailing list link is here...

chirp_users Info Page

In fact, I see a number of FT2D questions in the November mailing list archive, so it IS being discussed there.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.