CHP frequencies in and around Contra Costa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wad_Cutter

I'm new to entering messages here so please bear with me. I just moved to Oakley, Calif. All my frequencie book are old and out of date. I'm looking for the CHP frequencies in and around my area. I wouldn't mind help with any of the law enforcement, fire and ambulances here. Thank you for any and help. I'm a bit lost at this point was cutter/john

kma371

QRT
I'm new to entering messages here so please bear with me. I just moved to Oakley, Calif. All my frequencie book are old and out of date. I'm looking for the CHP frequencies in and around my area. I wouldn't mind help with any of the law enforcement, fire and ambulances here. Thank you for any and help. I'm a bit lost at this point was cutter/john

CHP - Golden Gate Division - Contra Costa Maroon

Check your county DB page for the others. Very comprehensive list.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Click on 'Databases' at the top of the page and select your location. RadioReference is the most complete, accurate, and easiest to use source of scanner programming information.

Wad_Cutter

I enter the CHP frequencies for CHP and after six hours I haven't heard a word. My base station is active with fire, ambulance and some police. I added the CHP frequencies into a second group into my base station and still nothing. My handheld is a good scanner but that I'd take a shot at the base station.What am I doing wrong?

Wad_Cutter

I have a Bearcat 210xtl, Bearcat BC235XLT and a AOR 8200. The 210 is using a. Indoor Radio Shack amplified VHF/UHF/FM portable antenna. The handhelds ate using Watson W-881,Super Gainer. I have no problems hearing out at fat as 30 miles plus. Aircraft are great. Even Oakland Flight Center. It will be impossible to go to a outdoor ant. This system has always servered me well. Everything but CHP. I don't get it. John

BushDoctor

CHP

My BC 210 doesnt do as well on low band as my BC 300 does however it works just not as clear. I listen to a Fire Dept 50 miles away on 46.38Mhz comes in just fine on my BC 300 but not as well on my BC 210. However when I hear CHP on skip In Virginia it comes in great on my inside home made antenna it is west of me so does'nt have to travel through my house as other low band channels do IE 46.38. My inside antenna is a throw back to my military days in 1962 listening to low band i use the driven portion of a quad antenna which is supposed to be 251/Freq in Mhz on each side however my wall/window limits me to about 72 inches on each side and my feed point is half way up one vertical side where my scanner sits on my dresser aprox 36 inches is middle i cut the side and feed one to the negative on my coax jumper and the other to the high side mostly the high side goes to the portion going up but either way will work i cant tell any difference trying the other way. Also i did use a 300 ohm to 73 ohm tv matcher 300/75ohm at one time again not much difference so it is direct now. The wire i used for the quad portion is #14 solid wire i saved from wiring my neighbors basement he was finishing . It works fine for me the The freq i monitored initally was 39.50 Mhz but it seems to work fine on 46.38 Only thing i noticed was the top horizontal run had to be close to the ceiling so i used 2 wooden dowels rubber banded to the sides of the top curtain rod and rubber banded the horz run to it on both ends as well as the middle. Might be worth a try for you

RJS

Premium Subscriber
Try taking out the designated PL Tone and use Search instead and adjust your squelch. You may hear CC CHP better that way indoors, at least for the Base channel. A telescopic BNC may serve you well indoors.

Observation is that Solano CHP has stronger reception in East County, so your listening may not all be for not.

Good luck!

Wad_Cutter

I tried adjusting the squelch and that brought in a lot of sound but no Communications. My problem is I live with my son and his wife in a new home in Oakley and I don't think he'll allow me to drill a hole in the wall to mount a outdoors antenna. Is there a good but small antenna I could mount in my room to catch the frequencies I'm looking for? When I move from the coast to here I had just what I need but somehow got lost or left behind. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Thank guys for all your help..john

Wad_Cutter

I like the idea of the suction cup idea. I have two south facing windows in my room. I would have to buy or make some kind of extension cord between the window and the amplified antenna I'm using. Do you have any ideas for a antenna to replace the one I have now which is very limited that I could buy or make?

mule1075

Feed Provider

kma371

QRT
What exactly are your antenna restrictions? What about an antenna in the attic and cut small hole in the ceiling for coax? It could easily be patched up later.

I still don't think a small rubber duck antenna mounted on a window will make much difference. You are going to need something with a bit more gain.

Wad_Cutter

My restrictions are simple, it's not my home as I'm living with my son and his wife in a new house and drilling a hole might be out of the question due to the fact I like my head being mounted where it is now and I'm too much of a coward to ask but it looks like I might have to. It would be easy enough to install a mass and go that way. There is a room just above mine so going in that direction wouldn't help. I have two windows facing south and the city of Oakley to my north buying
five miles. The indoor amplified antenna has alyways served me well. I think the walls a very much insulated which isn't helping. kind of up the creek huh?

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Wad Cutter - its a very common Radio accessory, it has two BNC (SMA) connectors on each end, one female one male , you will need a BNC or other extension cable depending on your radio. you then simply connect to the suction cup end your favorite antenna. Happy Scanning. most HAM radio supply like HRO or other should have this item.

Wad_Cutter

Two items- where is a good place to buy the extension cord or the supplies to make it myself. Here in California with Radio Shack gone it's a bit hard to find such a store in Oakley, California.
Next item. Ive been looking for the CHP in my area and one of you very kind people told me about the CHP Maroon channel 42.9200. I must have entered the wrong numbers before but gave it another try and now I've got the CHP in my area. I'm a very happy boy! Many thanks

Wad_Cutter

Just curious, are there any other scanner people living in or near Oakley, California? Just asking for other tips on frequencies in my area. With the help of this web site I now have 18 channel's to listen to and gives me a good idea of what is going on in my area. Only thing missing so far is the local Sherrif. Thank you one and all for any help. john

kma371

QRT
The scanner you have will not pick up your local sheriff. You will need to upgrade to a digital scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.