CHP Office Number Frequency Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the process of setting up software for a GRE PSR-600 and have the list downloaded in to the software but I'm wondering if there's a list or map of CHP offices and station numbers I can easily refer to if I'm driving and hear a station number I don't recognize... Thanks! I visit California occasionally and would like a 'Redi - Ref' to use while driving. Thanks!

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
CHP Office Number/Frequencies

That a nice map but would probably be hard to read at night on the road... I was thinking of a PDF file I could print for reference. Thanks for the response...

WA1ATA

I'm in the process of setting up software for a GRE PSR-600 and have the list downloaded in to the software but I'm wondering if there's a list or map of CHP offices and station numbers I can easily refer to if I'm driving and hear a station number I don't recognize... Thanks! I visit California occasionally and would like a 'Redi - Ref' to use while driving. Thanks!

I made a list like you want, but just for Golden Gate (Bay Area) and Coastal (Monterey / Santa Cruz).

I went to the RR database for CHP, Department of the Highway Patrol (CHP) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
and did a copy from the database into a text file, which I then imported into a spreadsheet. I manually added another column for Office Number, using the info in the Description column. Then I printed copies sorted by Freq, by Office number and by Alpha tag/Color.

Kind of a kludge process, but it gave me what I wanted.

norcalbusa

I have an Excel file with every office and phone number etc. Don't know how to post it, so PM me and I'll email it to someone who does.

gman65

Premium Subscriber
Here is one attached I made as a Word Document. Enjoy

I agree, very cool document. I have not been able to find a comprehensive list with these office numbers listed. Any of the published listings have a different type of number associated with the various offices rather than the unit id prefix.

I would like to ask some of the members connected to the agency to offer any corrections or additions (I haven't found any yet). Once done, I would like to convert it to PDF and post it on the Wiki page, with the author's permission.

Thanks,

Greg

northzone

Premium Subscriber
I would like to ask some of the members connected to the agency to offer any corrections or additions (I haven't found any yet). Once done, I would like to convert it to PDF and post it on the Wiki page, with the author's permission.

Thanks,

Greg

No problem on posting Greg. This board only works if we share info. You notice for the divisions that have not switched frequencis I left Blue-2 empty. I guess to be more correct I should have listed the old Blue (42.34/42.18) for those divisions.

gman65

Premium Subscriber
No problem on posting Greg. This board only works if we share info. You notice for the divisions that have not switched frequencis I left Blue-2 empty. I guess to be more correct I should have listed the old Blue (42.34/42.18) for those divisions.
I know there is at least one office missing, the Moorpark office from Coastal division. Not sure of the prefix used for that one. I'm trying to go through the office listing on the CHP site to verify any missing. Will revise and post when I get through that. If anyone else notices any missing offices please let me know. Again, anyone with an official list of office numbers used in dispatching would be appreciated.

gman65

Premium Subscriber
PDF Version with Update

I finally had some time to look for missing offices. The only two I have found so far is the Moorpark office with dispatch prefix 137 and the Desert Hills office in Border Division. I don't have a number or frequency for that one and am not in an area where I can monitor. Both are highlighted in yellow and the word file has been converted to pdf.

Let me know if anyone finds any other missing offices or corrections needed.

Greg

Attachments

• CHP Offices and Frequencies 001.pdf
    28.3 KB · Views: 300

Matthew49ers

I finally had some time to look for missing offices. The only two I have found so far is the Moorpark office with dispatch prefix 137 and the Desert Hills office in Border Division. I don't have a number or frequency for that one and am not in an area where I can monitor. Both are highlighted in yellow and the word file has been converted to pdf.

Greg

Just added new channels to my Uniden SC230 scanner.

Radio_Lady

Isn't Moorpark #54, and the Conejo Grade Weigh Station #137?

Greg

W6KRU

Desert Hills Inspection Facility 656 131 Red 42.44 42.28 162.2

That info is a little dated but it might still be correct.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
When I made this document I saw NO reason to include the weight/inspection facilities. This is a easy, carry along listing, why clutter it up with a bunch of nonsense.

gman65

Premium Subscriber
When I made this document I saw NO reason to include the weight/inspection facilities. This is a easy, carry along listing, why clutter it up with a bunch of nonsense.
I'll make the change. On the CHP site they don't have it listed as an inspection facility under the heading for communication centers. I thought it was just another office.
CHP Communication and Dispatch Centers

I also finally got to formatting the wiki page with the updates out of the file referenced. It's more complete and is easier to read.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
gvmetchikian:

I haven't yet figured that out. That callsign is for the scales, yet it sounds like those units are responding to calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.