• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Planet'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

My comment was clearly stated. We all have our personal biases. When it comes to religious differences, no one is talking out their azz. Practice what you preach. Charity includes how you treat people and the invectives that you often hurl are not the practice of christian charity. Take that chip off of your own shoulder for once. After all, narcissists have the inordinate need to be liked despite their own aggressive behavior.
I never claimed to be a shining example of Christian virtue. I'm just simply pointing out that Christianity is and has been very Charitable in the world. To suggest otherwise is just plain wrong and you know it. Yet according to the original poster its all a myth.

F

feets

In my experience, the most charitable people are low income people regardless of religion, since I don't measure charity in dollar form but more in the line of the effect on the person giving. If person "A" has $1000 and person "B" has $100, a ten dollar gift has a much larger impact on person "B".

Having been poor, hanging out with poor people is far more advantageous to meeting needs than hanging out with somewhat well off folks. You don't see tents on wealthy peoples lawns. They might give more money in overall dollar value but this usually has little effect on them personally and can hardly be considered as having much of an impact on them and it is not very effective for the end receivers because in the desire to feel good about themselves for "giving", they also do not want the issue on their own doorstep so much of the money is used to pay someone to help others, As in soup kitchens, food banks, shelters and government welfare for that matter. It makes one all tingly to "give" as long as it keeps the downtrodden from their own doorstep. It's quite another thing to give directly, the most effective and true method of charity.

F

feets

Feets,

I always go to sites like "Charity Navigator" that uses publicly available documentation to determine which charities are spending the most of their contributions on those they purport to be serving, before I give a dime. There are some that have a fairly high ratio of donated funds going to where it should be advertising and the officers salaries.
Thanks, that's helpful. I prefer a direct approach. Maybe it's my own ego boost but helping others is much more satisfying when I see the results. My dollars won't show up in a poll but I don't think those that know me would consider me un-charitable.

I never claimed to be a shining example of Christian virtue. I'm just simply pointing out that Christianity is and has been very Charitable in the world. To suggest otherwise is just plain wrong and you know it. Yet according to the original poster its all a myth.
Actually you claimed Christianity to be the MOST charitable religion in the world, but when called on it you provide nothing to back that claim up when called out.

I showed just one example of what Christianity has contributed to society, a rather negitive contribution actually, and all you can do is to tell me to find a religion that contributes more. Then when called on THAT BS you act like a spoiled little child that is not getting his way, and start hurling insults.

I think you need to go back to school and learn how a debate works... Anytime you want to have an actual debate about this feel free to chime in with FACTS(I know facts do not work too well for you) to support your position, I will be here ready to have a debate, and not just a floor wiping like I handed you so far.

Thanks, that's helpful. I prefer a direct approach. Maybe it's my own ego boost but helping others is much more satisfying when I see the results. My dollars won't show up in a poll but I don't think those that know me would consider me un-charitable.
I hear ya.

Man you should go back and read all the names that I have been called in the over in the political forum. It would make a sailor blush. ;)
Usually in response to the names and insults you hurl at others who dare to have ideas different from the Pope of Poividence and plausible deniability, As I've oft said before, you are your own worst enemy- especially when your narcisistic side is jeapordized.

SCPD

Usually in response to the names and insults you hurl at others who dare to have ideas different from the Pope of Poividence and plausible deniability, As I've oft said before, you are your own worst enemy- especially when your narcisistic side is jeapordized.
Oh come on Bruce....it takes two to tango. You and I both know I'm not the only insult offender in here. The only difference is you have a consistency of defending your buddies at every opportunity available. You even came up with an excuse for feets death wish against me. Give me a break. :roll:

F

feets

Oh come on Bruce....it takes two to tango. You and I both know I'm not the only insult offender in here. The only difference is you have a consistency of defending your buddies at every opportunity available. You even came up with an excuse for feets death wish against me. Give me a break. :roll:
Full Definition of MEALYMOUTHED
: not plain and straightforward : devious

I don't know who you think you are fooling. Your history is in writing. You get what you give.

No. But by far, you are the most frequent offender and make ther worst accusations. I've called you out on one monster insult and I'd do it again when you cross the line. If you said somkething like that to a person, eue-to-eye, you'd wind up getting a right cross to the nose and mouth. Consistency and loyalty are also Christian virtues. Abusive and aggressive actions are the hallmark of the narcisist and you fit ther profile right down to the need for recognition and agreement. Show me where I used an excuse about the supposed death wish, Face the fact that you love hiding in the impersonal internet and pissing people off. Some of us practice the virtue of tolerance but may, eventually run out of cheeks to turn and then things can get downright ugly. Be grateful that no one here has run out of tolerance for your rants and insults.

So now we are separated by groups somehow?

N1RGR= He who follows Fox!
Buddies= Those who don't?

;)
Rob must believe that anyone who disagrees with him is part of an antagonistic group -(like a domestic Hezbollah terrorist) rather than individuals who just have different thoughts and ideas and are equally vocal. Tis a damned shame that he has decided to self-isolate and attack from his safe bunker. As was said in Kal-I-Forn-Ya some years ago, "Can't we all just get along?" It is, and has been, his choice and I accept his lack of regard or respect for some us. Its just the Christian thing to do. I leave animosity and hatred to politicians and governments. Its not in my value system.

Last edited:

SCPD

Rob must believe that anyone who disagrees with him is part of an antagonistic group -(like a domestic Hezbollah terrorist) rather than individuals who just have different thoughts and ideas and are equally vocal.
I don't mind people who have different thoughts, ideas or opinions. I don't however like people who wish me dead because I don't agree with their side of any given argument. I also don't like people who's only purpose in here is to push my buttons to get a reaction for their entertainment value. I get called a drone, retard, chit head....and the list goes on. So again Bruce why do you insist I'm the offender? I don't have anything against you but your always pointing out my faults while others who do the same get a pass. If its because you simply don't like me then at least we are being honest. What's interesting and for what its worth you and I have very rarely if at all ever resorted to name calling or vial personal insults with each other even though we don't agree all the time. So maybe there is some good among all the bad after all.

Tis a damned shame that he has decided to self-isolate and attack from his safe bunker. As was said in Kal-I-Forn-Ya some years ago, "Can't we all just get along?" It is, and has been, his choice and I accept his lack of regard or respect for some us. Its just the Christian thing to do. I leave animosity and hatred to politicians and governments. Its not in my value system.
I have not self-isolated? I simply decided not to converse with one particular individual any longer.

Last edited:
F

feets

I don't mind people who have different thoughts, ideas or opinions. I don't however like people who wish me dead because I don't agree with their side of any given argument. I also don't like people who's only purpose in here is to push my buttons to get a reaction for their entertainment value. I get called a drone, retard, chit head....and the list goes on. So again Bruce why do you insist I'm the offender? I don't have anything against you but your always pointing out my faults while others who do the same get a pass. If its because you simply don't like me then at least we are being honest. What's interesting and for what its worth you and I have very rarely if at all ever resorted to name calling or vial personal insults with each other. So there is some good among all the bad.

I have not self-isolated? I simply decided not to converse with one particular individual any longer.
LOL. Everyone you are whining about has been insulted by you, first. Do you really not remember "Radio Tuna"? Your latest insult project on a new member in the politics forum.

Everybody else knows you're lying. You have always began the insults and name calling. They know because you did it to them.

You have isolated yourself, not by choice but by your actions.

LOL. Everyone you are whining about has been insulted by you, first. Do you really not remember "Radio Tuna"? Your latest insult project on a new member in the politics forum.

Everybody else knows you're lying. You have always began the insults and name calling. They know because you did it to them.

You have isolated yourself, not by choice but by your actions.

Add Rabidcharger to the insult list.

I would not call N1RGR a Fox drone IF he were were not one. Sadly, with every post/thread started by N1RGR, he shows just how brainwashed he is by Fox.

I have repeatedly been called a D-Bag and Moron by him, and that just encourages me to get a reaction out of him, simply to show others just how brainwashed he is.

Rob, if you can't take the heat, DONT step foot in the Kitchen... In other words, if your going to post your Fox/Republican/Right wing propaganda talking points as fact, expect to get called out on them...

Take, for example, the myth that the Republicans are for smaller government, staying out of people's business, and not taking away their rights. We(all of us but you it seems) know for FACT the Republicans do not stand for any of that.

The Republicans/Teaparty are no better and no worse than the Democrats. They are BOTH ruining the US, the sooner you see that, the sooner YOU can start effecting real political change you so desperately cry for.

The sooner you come to understand that, the better off you will be. Start thinking for yourself, and dig deeper than the Fox talking/sensationalism for the real fact, and we will start taking you more seriously.

Hold it right there kayn.Lets be honest....for once. Who else in here openly hurls insults at Rabidcharger. Now lets see how honest or bias you really are.

Honestly, I have no idea... polter? I think... Maybe... I'm sure there are others, and I'm not laying calling him Rabidcharger at your feet alone, but we were talking about the insults you fire off. And before you jump down on me, I do it to you too. Mostly because you do act like a Fox Drone in a lot of your posting!

F

feets

Add Rabidcharger to the insult list.
He asks for it too. He is as inclined to start name calling and insulting as Rob and had a habit of putting the insults in tags.

Even after taking some forced time away, he came back with the same stupid stuff.

SCPD

Honestly, I have no idea... polter? I think... Maybe... I'm sure there are others, and I'm not laying calling him Rabidcharger at your feet alone, but we were talking about the insults you fire off. And before you jump down on me, I do it to you too. Mostly because you do act like a Fox Drone in a lot of your posting!
FYI the other guy is feets. I'll tell you what why don't we all put away the name calling and finger pointing away for once. That includes me calling you a moron and you calling me a Fox drone or brainwashed. There is no right or wrong...just differences of opinion. I think I'm right you think your right feets thinks he's right and the end result is name calling and personal attacks born out of frustration. Where does that get us? We can agree to disagree and debate topics but lets leave the name calling out. Does that sound reasonable?

Last edited:
F

feets

I would not call N1RGR a Fox drone IF he were were not one. Sadly, with every post/thread started by N1RGR, he shows just how brainwashed he is by Fox.
Lot's of FOX drones. That's common.

What I finally got tired of was the "what are you smoking", "anti-american", "Moron", and such whenever I give facts he can't explain away. The constant, "You hate America!" dribble whenever I disagree with him.

And I got tired of his beginning insults and then whining when he got some back. Playing the victim. He starts a fight then cries and looks for a skirt to hide under when he gets hit back.

I also got tired of the crap he pulled in this thread, not answering and pretending he actually did something. Days of ignoring valid facts just because they don't fit his view, like pretending they don't exist somehow makes the facts not exist.

And, while at first I let it slide because of the underhanded nature of the deal, his backdoor support of bashing my Disabled Vet status through PMs made me decide to watch him closely. I don't think it was two weeks before he started on that again. That's when I was done with him. Not the sneaky PM's. When he appologized for the anti-american stuff and then kept doing it. I washed my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.