• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Christianity and the myth of it being 'The most Charitable Religion on the Planet'

Status
Not open for further replies.

elk2370bruce

You are a bit slow. The lesson learned after multiple apologies, olive branches and cease fires from you is that you will break them. Bruce and myself have learned our lesson. Like Hamas, you will begin firing bottle rockets again.
As the old ballad sang, "Its just a matter of time". It will start again when someone dares to disagree with the Prophet (previously Pope) of Providence. Anger, vitriol, and names will then, based on history, be launched across the night sky at those who opposes the self professed infallability. I'd welcome a cease fire but, like Israel, I'll keep the Iron Dome" warmed up so long as the primtive teabagger mentality is still stalking in the weeds. In this world, there are still larger issues that affect our human condition and I'd rather continue to do my small, part in reducing that pain then joust with monosybalic barbed words like Don Quixote charging the windmills - but the windmills keep on turning and the flames of outrage simmer only a few short posts above. Lets hope that the angry words will be heard less frequently than a Unitied Nations General Assembly meeting or a teabagger political advertisement. (sarcasm intended for that last sentence only.

Last edited:

elk2370bruce

But, can you do it? I did nothing to you to provoke name calling other then have a differing opinion from your own.

I never resort to name calling because in my book it is a sign of maturity to do otherwise, but you opened that door for me to enter. Not my cup of tea but I am not a verbal rug either. I would rather get in a maturity argument when I am called a name as I have done to you.

You may think I am a person who sides with buddies but I am not. If a person sides with my ideology what is wrong with showing support? That does not make us "buddies" but makes us align, that is it. Opinion works in that way my friend, been that way since forever.

I have nothing against you and you are probably a good guy, but if you post something I don't agree with I will state my opinion on it. Not a personal attack by any means, me calling it as I see it and I do that a lot. To add, I am sure I probably am not of the same opinion of many on this site and that is fine. I am a huge proponent of marching to the beat of you own drum, this promotes free thinking and I believe we need many more free thinkers,
Guess what? Some of have been saying that in many topics over these many months+. If someone hits you once, you can turn the other cheek. If you disagree with another person's opinions (like azzholes, we all have them) calm, adult, and proper sharing of ideas and convictions CAN result in agreement among free thinkers. To do otherwise, creates needless barriers. We are not politicials or natrional governments so we leave the mutual castigation society mentality to them.(where it doesn't work either)

SCPD

As the old ballad sang, "Its just a matter of time". It will start again when someone dares to disagree with the Prophet (previously Pope) of Providence. Anger, vitriol, and names will then, based on history, be launched across the night sky at those who opposes the self professed infallability. I'd welcome a cease fire but, like Israel, I'll keep the Iron Dome" warmed up so long as the primtive teabagger mentality is still stalking in the weeds. In this world, there are still larger issues that affect our human condition and I'd rather continue to do my small, part in reducing that pain then joust with monosybalic barbed words like Don Quixote charging the windmills - but the windmills keep on turning and the flames of outrage simmer only a few short posts above. Lets hope that the angry words will be heard less frequently than a Unitied Nations General Assembly meeting or a teabagger political advertisement. (sarcasm intended for that last sentence only.
That is an interesting statement coming from somebody who lectures me while his buddy is calling me a retard. A bit hypocritical are we Bruce? Just say'n. ;)

F

feets

Read Rob Goes Retard's first post in this thread; http://forums.radioreference.com/politics/272904-did-syria-cross-red-line.html

It comes after several calls for truce.

For the lazy, here is my first post;

No, Assad did not use chemical weapons. The Rebels/Al-CIA-duh did.

Assad is kicking rebel butt. He did not use chemical agents when he was losing the first couple years. It makes no sense that he would use them now that he is winning. Especially since it has been three whole days since UN chemical weapons team landed in Syria.

What does make sense is that the west has said they will get involved if Syria uses chemical weapons and now that the rebels are losing, they need us to step in. How can they get us to come fight for them? Assad using chemical weapons.

This is a clear cut case of Al-CIA-duh using chemical weapons on a few of their rebels and the syrian people to get the US to come save their azz.

But yeah, it has a good chance of getting us involved. Americans are stupid enough to believe it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,even after Iraq.
Rob Goes Retard responds with;

Did you break into your mothers medicine cabinet again? :roll:
Giving Rob a benefit of the doubt is like taking a big whiff of dog chit because the wind might have blown the stink off it. It doesn't take many turds for most people to learn not to sniff them.

SCPD

Wish others had the same abilities that you displayed.
I wish he wasn't so bias and called out others who commit the same crimes within his own inner circle. After all two wrongs don't make a right. But I guess love is blind. Must be why he refuses to acknowledge my resent posts. You know what they say silence speaks volumes. Or birds of a feather stick together. ;)

Last edited:

elk2370bruce

I wish he wasn't so bias and called out others who commit the same crimes within his own inner circle. After all two wrongs don't make a right. But I guess love is blind. Must be why he refuses to acknowledge my resent posts. You know what they say silence speaks volumes. Or birds of a feather stick together. ;)
Or it could be that some of your comments/poor attempts at sarcasm were not worth a legitimate response other than proving harmful. Your own words speak volumes and that history is just too sordid and sometimes irrational. I do acknowledge your comments on occasion but you still choose to read them selectively. We don't hate you Rob but sometimes you are worthy of a good laugh. Please note that I am not alone in recommending a change in posting philosophy and downplaying the terabagger aggression tactic. It would be an excellent change if you meant it this time around. Its always amazing when two individuals, having no personal contact, are thought to be guilty of collusion against you. It must be paranoia uber alles and de ja vu all over again.You are, of course, entitled to your opinion and many of your opinions have been challenged here in honest debate and, on occasion, there have been points of agreement. In addition, two rights don't make it all okay..

SCPD

Or it could be that some of your comments/poor attempts at sarcasm were not worth a legitimate response other than proving harmful. Your own words speak volumes and that history is just too sordid and sometimes irrational. I do acknowledge your comments on occasion but you still choose to read them selectively. We don't hate you Rob but sometimes you are worthy of a good laugh. Please note that I am not alone in recommending a change in posting philosophy and downplaying the terabagger aggression tactic. It would be an excellent change if you meant it this time around. Its always amazing when two individuals, having no personal contact, are thought to be guilty of collusion against you. It must be paranoia uber alles and de ja vu all over again.You are, of course, entitled to your opinion and many of your opinions have been challenged here in honest debate and, on occasion, there have been points of agreement. In addition, two rights don't make it all okay..
So then why don't we begin this "new venture" without the sarcastic "Rob is like Hamas" comments? Again you say one thing then say another all in the same breath. And please don't mock me using the "paranoia" reference because you and I both know that the person you openly converse with in-between our conversations is actively calling me a retard all while you scold and ridicule my past posts. A new beginning must start with a-new beginning. So drop the same old hat! Are we on the same page Bruce? Or is that just too difficult for your own personal demons to deal with? You tell me. Kayn and I solved our issues in just a couple posts. A very reasonable person I must add. I have a lot of respect for him for that.

Last edited:

corbintechboy

The proof is in the pudding.

Why don't everyone just prove everyone wrong and enter this forgiveness venture and not worry about the people involved?

I know psychology and it only takes one voice to promote change on a small scale. Then that snowballs to a bigger better community.

I hold no ill feelings to anyone and I am not mentioned but I will add to this.

SCPD

The proof is in the pudding.

Why don't everyone just prove everyone wrong and enter this forgiveness venture and not worry about the people involved?

I know psychology and it only takes one voice to promote change on a small scale. Then that snowballs to a bigger better community.

I hold no ill feelings to anyone and I am not mentioned but I will add to this.
Where's the like button! :)

Last edited:
F

feets

Numbskull #1 has made many such attempts to make nice with people. Then he insults them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again.

Rinse and repeat.

F

feets

Wow a numbskull reference....I bet Bruce will remain silent! ;)
Why shouldn't he? I never agreed to your faux treaty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GTLM89pN0A

The funny thing about that little white speck on the top of chicken chit. That little white speck is chicken chit too. Ernest Tucker, Pure Country.

chick·en·chit
ˈCHikənˌcHit/
North Americanvulgar slang
adjective
adjective: chickenchit; adjective: chicken-chit

worthless or contemptible (used as a general term of deprecation).
"no more chickenchit excuses"
cowardly.

noun
noun: chickenchit; plural noun: chickenchits; noun: chicken-chit; plural noun: chicken-chits

a worthless or contemptible person.
something worthless or petty.

Your little white speck(faux treaty) is showing. :wink:

Last edited:

corbintechboy

Wow a numbskull reference....I bet Bruce will remain silent! ;)
Hey brother,

Part of turning over a new leaf is the realization that the very people who push your buttons have no effect on your life. I have used this method of thinking for a long time and have responded this way to many people on many forums with this method.

It does not matter one bit what people say about you. You will still hug your wife (if you have one), you will still hug your kids (if you have them), you will still live the life that you live and what people say about you on the internet will not have any effect on your life unless you allow yourself to be effected.

It's about coming to peace with yourself. I love my life and love my family and will not get to a point where my feeling are dictated by what others might think about me. I myself am the strange poster on these forums for my thoughts, but I am comfortable in my skin and things don't bother me. Yes I will respond to posts and I will not be a verbal rug but not one person on the internet can control me. That is part of turning over this new leaf you hope to turn over.

So in other words, don't sweat the small stuff. Not everyone is going to like you or me for that matter and it doesn't matter. No amount of driving ourselves crazy is going to change the outcome.

My 2 cents...

elk2370bruce

A cease fire is a good idea and I will not be the one to re-start it. Let's hope that past history here does not repeat itself (as it eventually often does). PS: I don't need to continially communicate with "others" before posting. I am capable of forming my own thoughts. Lets be clear on that. I have assumed a wait and see posture. The ball remains in your court.

Last edited:

SCPD

Well said by both you guys! :) And thanks for the good advice Radio!

Last edited:

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
BBC News - Israel to take over West Bank land

I guess gods chosen people are thieves. I guess it is forgivable since it is gods chosen people.

So we will call this an act of un-charity. That may work.

Before you continue to condemn a religion you know nothing about, Radio, you should take some time to understand that there are Israelis, who are Jewish, who openly oppose Netanyahu and his party and the settlements in the West Bank.

So instead of denigrating the Jewish religion, as you appear to be, how about trying to understand that it's not all of them, just as it's not all Muslims that want to establish a caliphate and not all Christians that believe in the "End Days" and Armaggedon, etc.
Unfortunately, the opposition in Israel is currently a minority opinion, but I believe over time they will gain in strength and their opinions and ideas will prevail, because peace is the only way.

In case you are wondering, I am born Jewish, but I am an atheist.

That doesn't mean I feel it's my place to insult other's beliefs, in fact, whatever you want to believe is fine with me, so long as you don't hurt other people practicing it in any way. Unfortunately, too many times, too many religious folks, including Israeli settlers, are in fact harming others in the name of their religion. It's up to the peace-loving members of ALL religions to understand that they must band together and condemn all acts of aggression based on religion.

corbintechboy

Before you continue to condemn a religion you know nothing about, Radio, you should take some time to understand that there are Israelis, who are Jewish, who openly oppose Netanyahu and his party and the settlements in the West Bank.

So instead of denigrating the Jewish religion, as you appear to be, how about trying to understand that it's not all of them, just as it's not all Muslims that want to establish a caliphate and not all Christians that believe in the "End Days" and Armaggedon, etc.
Unfortunately, the opposition in Israel is currently a minority opinion, but I believe over time they will gain in strength and their opinions and ideas will prevail, because peace is the only way.

In case you are wondering, I am born Jewish, but I am an atheist.

That doesn't mean I feel it's my place to insult other's beliefs, in fact, whatever you want to believe is fine with me, so long as you don't hurt other people practicing it in any way. Unfortunately, too many times, too many religious folks, including Israeli settlers, are in fact harming others in the name of their religion. It's up to the peace-loving members of ALL religions to understand that they must band together and condemn all acts of aggression based on religion.
I don't mean to insult the institution of religion at all. It's simply just a point.

The Jews have taken much land over the ages. The supremacist Zionist Government is of course not a great thing.

Its the fact that all religions are flawed in some way. And Israel has been ever expanding for ages in this manner. At the cost of other lives of course. Fits well in this thread as the topic was Christian Charity. I of course understand that Jews are not Christian, but they are in the Christian bible as Gods people.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Radio,

In my view, when someone says: "God's chosen people are thieves", it's the same as saying "Jews are thieves"! Do you really believe that?

If you had said something like: "These settlers and their supporters are thieves", I would agree with you.

If you said something like: "The present leadership in Israel are thieves, openly stealing Palestinian land in the West Bank.." Again I would agree with you!

Do all Jews support Netanyahu and his Likud policies? No.

Personally, I believe the only just solution is a greater Israel that encompasses all of Gaza and the West Bank and that gives every Palestinian equal rights just as Jewish Israelis have. I'm in a minority view on this, and it will probably never happen, but it's the only thing that will work. The next best thing is the two state solution, but that means giving up ALL the land and control of the occupied territories, going back to the 1967 borders.

Let's be careful in these discussions how we characterize other religions, races, ethnicities. I do not believe ALL Muslims are intent on creating a World Caliphate, in fact, I believe those Muslims that believe that are in a minority and are the extremists.

Again, there are Jews that openly condemn the taking of West Bank land, period and are going so far as to boycott institutions and businesses that profit from these actions:

http://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/content/staff-and-board

Read their Mission Statement and then see what you think, Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.