Christmas and NewYears scaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anyone going monitor on Christmas and new years???
I don't know about Christmas but NewYears eve is the mounted of total Kaos and newyears day the medical will still be active

thinking this be listed too
ADOT
AZDPS
city pd
County Law enforcement
medical copters
medical emts
Fire depts.
county firedepts
etc etc

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I'll be listening like I always do, but things are no where near as crazy on New Years as they used to be around here. This city (Phoenix) used to turn into Beirut every December 31st with all the gunshots going off from about 10pm to 2am or later. Last year I think I heard maybe 10 shots all night long and the fire channels were relatively quiet other than the usual diffculty breathing calls and other routine calls that you hear constantly out here. Certainly not the nonstop barrage of semi and fully automatic gunfire (including tracers that I saw streaking thru the sky one year - yikes) that I used to have to endure all around me.

I think (and hope) people have finally figured out that bullets fired up into the sky don't just keep going on forever and that it's a bad idea to drive around drunk off your *** and crash into people's houses and what not. Either that or most of the jackasses that were doing that have been deported out of here finally (ahem - just an observation, no offense intended folks). Either way I make it a point to stay off the roads on New Year's Eve and ring in the new year by just staying home making Margaritas and listening to the scanner. Safer, cheaper and for me at least, much more fun.

-AZ

AirScan1

Banned
Come now, you know your scanner is going be full of kaos calls due to that some over party and go totally nuts on newyears at 12:00 midnight, that why newyears eve is called scanner day.
be that's when the scanners will be most busiest.
you hear more arrested for dui more fire and medical call more medic evac heli calls
you be hear more from your scanner no matter what type it is..

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
I think (and hope) people have finally figured out that bullets fired up into the sky don't just keep going on forever and that it's a bad idea to drive around drunk off your *** and crash into people's houses and what not.

-AZ

Heck, lately you don't need New Year's to have drunk morons driving into houses. It's become an almost daily thing now.

n5ims

Many of the calls on Christmas Eve are DUIs. There is also lots of alarm calls with strangely the same suspect description - Large male, dressed in red, wearing a red cap, full white beard, left the scene in a large sleigh pulled by several large animals that appear to be some kind of deer.

rapidcharger

I
I think (and hope) people have finally figured out that bullets fired up into the sky don't just keep going on forever

A childhood friend of mine when I was a kid got hit by a descending bullet on new years eve and it got lodged in his head or neck somewhere. He's lucky to have been alive. An inch or two over and it would've been all over.

AirScan1

Banned
I heard tat AZ DPS CALL last year lol the az dps do that every year it's a holiday gag call. the santa claus gag call

and just tonight I heard a man coming out of jack in box with 2 jack deluxe with fries and coke was mug and for what his food and money
Happy Scanner Day oh dear god

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Heard a call last night for a person who called 911 to complain that the clerk at QT put their gas on the wrong pump. Who calls the cops for that?? :roll:

I'll be babysitting my feed tonight to make sure it keeps working - should be good listening with the Mill Avenue Block Party tonight.

-AZ

AirScan1

Banned
HAPPY SCANNER DAY!!!
This morning a some clown was ;pot and was making a wooden planter for his pot weed plants and suddenly he cut his finger oiff with circler saw...
tonight should be very crazy oh lord here we go...

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
HAPPY SCANNER DAY!!!

This morning a some clown was ;pot and was making a wooden planter for his pot weed plants and suddenly he cut his finger oiff with circler saw...

Were they able to reattach your finger ok?

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
New Year's Eve + Major Snow

Should be good listening here too . . . New Year's Eve plus 4-8 inches of snow coming by noon New Year's Day. So in addition to the usual DUIs, disturbances and domestics, add in traffic crashes and cars in ditches.

There's already a suicidal man with a gun with three sheriff's deputies and four local officers chasing him down, and it's only 6:30!

Here's my plan:

Attachments

• New Years Eve ICS-205.pdf
    8.3 KB · Views: 151

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2338; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

It sounded like G-deck (Interop, off both the South Mtn and White Tanks IR's, although a few have popped up on Simulcast G a few times) for the Tempe block party was where the action was. (Still is, actually.)
And MCSO had a Christmas Eve Santa Claus broadcast on the East TG this year.

Last edited:

AirScan1

Banned
Were they able to reattach your finger ok?

yes they did , even the day after new years early this morning while having coffee I heard that AZ DPS N-17 was a some one 's back bed of their pick up was on fire drive on freeway

they did reattached the finger....

not to mention a 21 year woman gave birth to a baby on new years eve

Status
Not open for further replies.