City of Amarillo new P-25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
853.9875 is the control channel. Do you have just that or all of the frequencies in the list? Plus, what receiver are you using?

RF-Burns

I have them set to scan.

Have your scanners set to ID SCAN on Unidens and Wildcard on Radio Shack/GRE/Whistler Scanners. There is no talk group info in the database so you aren't going to hear anything. No talkgroups are listed in the database so I wouldn't be surprised if the system is encrypted.

wk5h

Premium Subscriber
Got in this afternoon, and will be in town for a couple of nights.
I've been listening to the new P25 system, and so far, have heard the following talkgroups. I know there are more, but, this is all I was able to get in about 3 hours.

20102 - Law Enforcement ?
20103 - Law Enforcement ?
20201 - Fire ?
20421 - Airport ?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Have your scanners set to ID SCAN on Unidens and Wildcard on Radio Shack/GRE/Whistler Scanners. There is no talk group info in the database so you aren't going to hear anything. No talkgroups are listed in the database so I wouldn't be surprised if the system is encrypted.

that should be ID SEARCH for unidens?

Amarillo-pronews-7

Feed Provider
So if any one of you is in Amarillo and think they can help me get this working - drop me a line at sadouglass@sbgtv.com. I'll buy you dinner and we can figure out what I'm doing wrong. It's essential that at least try and get this working since I'm the chief photographer of a local news station. Let me throw in a tour of the station as well.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Patience in Bomb City

So if any one of you is in Amarillo and think they can help me get this working - drop me a line at sadouglass@sbgtv.com. I'll buy you dinner and we can figure out what I'm doing wrong. It's essential that at least try and get this working since I'm the chief photographer of a local news station. Let me throw in a tour of the station as well.

When a new trunking system begins operating, very little is known during the initial stages of installation. From some of the folks I've talked to about P25 trunking, adjustments need to be made before the system can be deemed "complete." Bell County has been migrating to a P25 system. At present, the system is still undergoing testing, tweaking, etc.

In time, I am quite certain that the talk groups will start surfacing on a more frequent basis. If you want, you can do like I did and submit a FOIA submission for the fleet map of the system in question. I have a form letter, penned by the Waco PD Public Information Officer and staff, to obtain the needed information for eventual RR submission.

If you, as a reporter, hear of efforts being made to throw the "E" switch, I would ask them why? The modal LE response tends to be, "officer safety." But, I have not found one ounce of evidence to support this contention, specific to scanners. I believe there have been incidents of buffoons interfering with police operations using Smart Phones. So, if you hear of any talk concerning planned encryption of dispatch channels, challenge LE. If "E" is implemented, ask them, "if we took this online feed down, would you reverse the encryption?" Furthermore, if they are talking about officer safety, I have extended recordings of the Twin Peak Biker Shootout Shindig that happened here in Waco. No encryption = no officers were harmed of killed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OefCigHewjk&index=1&list=UUNrECeKU51SHEGP8Z3wQlRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7PoPtMYU3U&index=2&list=UUNrECeKU51SHEGP8Z3wQlRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFNSfOcD8eQ&list=UUNrECeKU51SHEGP8Z3wQlRw&index=3

If I am not mistaken, Amarillo has used some encryption in the past. Hopefully, they will follow the lead of Waco, Bell County, GATRRS, and others with limited encryption.

Last edited:

Amarillo-pronews-7

Feed Provider
I wonder if it's user error on my part having never programmed a trunked or digital system. Apparently it's working from the report from WKFH replied with - but not with me. If anyone can walk me through the steps I'd more than appreciate it. Thanks for the FOIA advice.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I wonder if it's user error on my part having never programmed a trunked or digital system. Apparently it's working from the report from WKFH replied with - but not with me. If anyone can walk me through the steps I'd more than appreciate it. Thanks for the FOIA advice.

If you would put your scanner in search mode as opposed to scan you will probably start to hear traffic.

No TG's have been identified in the RR database, so if you download the system it has no TG's to scan. Setting your radio to search would probably at least let you hear traffic, but you or someone else would need to identify what the TG's are used for.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As asked previously, which model scanner are you using?

fmurphy

Premium Subscriber
Amarillo P25

ok folks..... I have tried putting this in Sentinel and loading onto my 536 and scanning the favorite but all I get is a screen saying "SCAN MODE, NOTHING TO SCAN" and I have gone into profile and made sure it was downloaded and turned on to scan. The talkgroups ARE CORRECT...... this is the only info we have at this time.
I wasn't able to attach the .hpe file so I put a .pdf extension on it..... if you replace the .pdf extension with .hpe hopefully it'll work....

Thank in advance for any help!!!
Frank M

Attachments

• Amarillo P25 Phase II.pdf
    664 bytes · Views: 96
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.