City of Auburn moving to P25 Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUGOLD

“The city of Montgomery and Montgomery County wanted to extend their radio service and coverage into this area,” Buston said. “They are paying for all of the equipment that will do that. We won’t have to buy that equipment, but we will have to buy the radios. This is a purchase for the radios of the officers and firefighters to use at 911 consoles.”

Buston said this budgeted purchase of more than $1 million from Hurricane Electronics Inc. will provide the police and fire division portable and mobile radios.
“Under the initiative of moving from our current VHF radio technology, we propose moving to a P-25 radio technology that will provide a more secure radio frequency,” James said. “This provides an additional level of security for the police division as many people have VHF scanners and listen to radio traffic when there are calls for service.”

No word if encryption will be used but Montgomery is in the clear

morganAL

And Opelika sits next door with a 19 channel site with probably less that 1000 users. There is no ISSI gateway so there won't be any roaming between the Montgomery sites in Auburn and the Opelika (AFRN) system.

AUGOLD

Opelika approached both the county and Auburn and offered to build out the existing system on the west side of Auburn to provide complete county coverage, split the cost of maintaining the system, but Harris and Montgomery County are getting the big bucks from DHS, Harris who's dealer is Hurricane Electronics are going to install the equipment on a tower Auburn rents from SouthernLinc. This is a politically motivated move as Montgomery Communications Co-Op has made the same deal in Bullock County built a tower, and installed the trunking system, where a county like Bullock got the money to buy the dispatch consoles, mobiles and portables, and future maintenance costs I don't know. I do know Montgomery offered Macon County the same deal but Macon cannot afford to buy the rest of what would be required even spending $250,000 on radio equipment in Macon County would bankrupt the entire county government as they run on a shoestring budget, they had a gas tax passed last year through the state legislature to raise gas taxes 5 more cents a gallon wholesale before it even went to the gas stations because of the financial situation Macon County is in.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
Does any one know what freqs. or FCC License Auburn or Bullock county will use?
Auburn Fire FCC License is KTN400
Frequency Information 154.400 Tone 134 DPL
Auburn Police KIB767
Frequency Information 155.610 Tone 143 DPL
These are the current frequencies as of April 4 2019

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Auburn36801 for that info but i already had that info. What i was meaning if there going P25 does anyone know if there will be new freqs. or new FCC License. I was in Opelika a few days ago and Auburn is still on the old freqs.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
The new license information is still unknown, it is hard to locate the FCC license on the FCC website. We will know more when Auburn moves to Alabama First Responder Network.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Auburn36801 for that info but i already had that info. What i was meaning if there going P25 does anyone know if there will be new freqs. or new FCC License. I was in Opelika a few days ago and Auburn is still on the old freqs.
The new license information is still unknown, it is hard to locate the FCC license on the fcc websi

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
EastAlabamaNews your right about Bullock county. I have some kin that has lived there all there live and they say the only thing big that happens there is when a bootleggers still is found.

Technoguy58

The new license information is still unknown, it is hard to locate the FCC license on the FCC website. We will know more when Auburn moves to Alabama First Responder Network.

Reread the response in post number 2. The poster said that Lee county/Opelika are on AFRN where as the original post was about the City of Auburn going to an as yet built extension of The Montgomery Metro Communications Cooperative District. There is no mention of Auburn using or planning on using AFRN. Opelika offered to work with Auburn to expand the AFRN system to the west side of Lee county so Auburn could get on AFRN but it appears that they might be more interested in getting on to the system Montgomery uses.

Technoguy58

It will probably be awhile before a license will be issued for Auburn. Without knowing how old the news article is in post 1 we don't even know if this is definite.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
The City of Auburn is requesting to purchase P-25 portable radios for the police and fire divisions as well as corresponding equipment to install in our 911 consoles. The Montgomery Metro Communications District has agreed to expand their P-25 Technology into the Auburn area and is providing the necessary equipment on our tower that we will accept and maintain and then be able to utilize. This equipment will be purchased from Hurricane Electronics for $1,251,543.68. It is listed in the epacket online at Agenda - City of Auburn
The date of the meeting is on April 16 2019. This post is confirmation about Auburn going to P25 with Montgomery Metro Communications District.

medic9351301

Banned
Bye bye auburn
Welcome to full time encryption .
The salesmen are going to stuff their pockets on this one .

Harris systems are a joke .

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring#
Applicant Name: Montgomery Metro Communications District
Purpose: New
Radio Service: SY - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz
Call Sign/Lease ID: Pending
File Number: 0008593680
Receipt Date: 04/08/2019
Transmitter Address: 161 N Ross St, Auburn, AL, Lee County
Site Frequencies: 769.10625 / 769.50625 / 769.83125 / 770.33125 / 770.80625 / 771.23125 / 771.65625

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
The Auburn Site is now up. I have submitted the frequencies to the Radio Reference Database. I have analyzed the site and it is receiving a signal.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
Auburn Public Safety talkgroups will be on Montgomery Metro Communications District and they will be on P25 phase 2 per city manager on the city council meeting on April 16 2019.

Auburn36801

Premium Subscriber
“The city of Montgomery and Montgomery County wanted to extend their radio service and coverage into this area,” Buston said. “They are paying for all of the equipment that will do that. We won’t have to buy that equipment, but we will have to buy the radios. This is a purchase for the radios of the officers and firefighters to use at 911 consoles.”

Buston said this budgeted purchase of more than $1 million from Hurricane Electronics Inc. will provide the police and fire division portable and mobile radios.
“Under the initiative of moving from our current VHF radio technology, we propose moving to a P-25 radio technology that will provide a more secure radio frequency,” James said. “This provides an additional level of security for the police division as many people have VHF scanners and listen to radio traffic when there are calls for service.”

No word if encryption will be used but Montgomery is in the clear
Encryption will not be used for Auburn Public Safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.