City of Pittsburgh changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drachen_Fire

Hmmmm. If they are saying the former OTF2 departments will be on N Fire 4 with the Boros, then what are they going to use Fire 5 for? I wonder what will happen to OT Fire 2? Maybe N Public Safety 2? No idea.

JChabalie

North Fire Ops 5 will be the ops channel for the units dispatched on North Fire Disp 4. There will be a Quaker Valley Public Safety channel in addition to the North Public Safety channel as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ffemt134

I think that's the last area left to go to UHF, at least fire-wise. Other than a few PD's in the Steel Valley area left on VHF (Homestead, Duquesne, etc.), I think everything else has finally all gone ultra high.

Now if we could get ops/EMS channels for our northeast corner, all would be great.

JChabalie

Munhall is dispatched by Munhall Police, not Allegheny County. Allegheny County's goal is to have all County-dispatched agencies on the UHF platform. There is a UHF East PD Disp 6 channel that will be for the Steel Valley PD agencies, but it's not online yet.

jack3756

Premium Subscriber
Well I'll be happy when they move the PD over to the UHF system. Any timeline for Munhall Fire? Last time I checked they are county dispatched and still on VHF

JChabalie

Munhall Fire is dispatched by Munhall Police, not County. The only time that Munhall Fire is on County channels is when they are responding as mutual aid.

ffemt134

Munhall is dispatched by Munhall Police, not Allegheny County. Allegheny County's goal is to have all County-dispatched agencies on the UHF platform. There is a UHF East PD Disp 6 channel that will be for the Steel Valley PD agencies, but it's not online yet.

I was wondering where they might go. I thought maybe East PD 1 as a possibility since there's only 3 departments on it (McKeesport/White Oak/Versailles); interesting to know there's a 6th channel.in the works.

Drachen_Fire

North Versailles isn't going onto county, but oddly enough they have been on narrowband UHF for years now. Monroeville PD is still on VHF.

As far as Munhall is concerned, they may have a timeline set out. Munhall EMS used to be self-dispatched on VHF, and Priority One used to be self-dispatched over PTT phones, but both are now on East EMS.

I think there is an area out west near Robinson that dispatches fire on 33MHz still.

JChabalie

Just saw a memo about the City supposedly switching to the new channels starting on October 7th and should be done by the 10th. Also heard the new West and North systems might be delayed til February 2014!

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Just to further update on the above post. It begins on Oct 7th and will take a few days to Oct 10 to complete the central zone transition.

Also East PD 6 will be active on Nov 7 2013 470.3625 206.5 for homestead, west homestead, Duquense and whittaker police.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
The database has the new PL for Pittsburgh Fire Dispatch Ch 5 as 162.2, I am decoding it as 71.9. Is anyone else seeing this ?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
No crap.. Love how they put out an offical list months ago with the pl's that are listed here. Now they decided to switch it up.

Got radios out there where just easier to put the new pl's in now have to get recalled to fix em.

Frank

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
Ok found out Index is on PEMA (ch11) for the day.
Not sure whats on Ch5 now. They are doing roll call (mostly 31xx & 32xx units).

I hope to have more info today from the powers to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.