City of Pittsburgh changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drachen_Fire

So...I've been noticing an increasingly larger amount of unit-to-unit P25 traffic on Pittsburgh Fire 2. It's almost always two firemen or chiefs talking to each other, and all normal fire traffic is still in analog. I programmed my XTL mobile for dual-mode receive with a 118.8PL on analog and F7E NAC on P25. Works like a charm.

Is anyone hearing P25 on any of the other city channels?

After reading your post I reprogrammed my 996T so that all Pittsburgh Freqs are scanning digital. I will log and record to see whats up, Before your post the SChool Police were only on digital so if I get any other hits I will gt back to you...

Brian

Voyager

Could you be hearing the WV SIRN TRS which shares the same frequency and uses P25? Can you try a NAC SEARCH to get the NAC used (as opposed to the 'global NAC decode setting'?

Or, just try NAC 170.

DrachenFire

It's definitely PBF. The traffic I heard referenced truck and engine numbers native to the region, and was during the daytime. The equipment they have is absolutely capable of P25, as they have just switched to APX series radios.

Maybe they have a P25 talkaround programmed to 453.850?

36 hours of monitoring 25 City of Pittsburgh channels in Digital Mode and I only have hits on The School Police which has been P25 for some time. Of the 25 freqs are the Police talk around & Dispatch, Fire 1 & 2, and EMS 1 & 2 .

Public safety wise in Allegheny County, to my knowledge The only P25 is:
Allegheny County Jail (recently within the last few months).
The Swat team.
Findlay TWp. Police
Monroeville has a P25 secure freq. I am not saying they don't have the capabilities. I am not sure what DrachenFire is listening to but it is not PBF unless they are using a new freq. bleeding into Fire 2.

Brian

Last edited:

DrachenFire

The East Zone of AC is about to get a new fire channel. Starting in early May, all departments along the Mon River from the City border to the N Versailles/McKeesport border will be operating on East Fire Ops 4.

I believe I have the channel already, but will wait for confirmation to post it.

Drachen_Fire

A new East Fire channel is going online May 1. It will be East Fire Ops 4, and will be the operations channel for all departments on the Mon River from Swissvale to North Versailles. I will have channel info once it goes live.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I'm thinking of taking in a Pirates game real soon now and only want to put the Pittsburgh city frequencies in my scanner for the trip. But is it the case that Pittsburgh has only 2 frequencies for the whole city? Or do they use particular county channels for response?

I really don't want to put in all those county frequencies.

Thanks.

The precinct for PNC Park /North Shore area is 453.1000 it is Zone 1 the car numbers are 31xx. the Pd also use a Ops channel 453.450.
Also the fire dept. has 2 fire channels and respond on 2 med channels for first responders. they are Med ch. 1 463.950 & Med ch. 2 463.975

Enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.