City of Springfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8wel

Buckeye Toad
Finally the city will be switching from the Harris Provoice system to the State MARCS system next year. All city departments will be switched over PD, FD and Service. Unclear yet if Harris or Motorola P25 radios will be used.

In Pickaway county, they went with Harris as they were dual mode EDACS and P25. That let them buy the radios over time before finally making the switch. (Well except for that *one* talk group that still has the EDACS operational

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TFrank615

Finally the city will be switching from the Harris Provoice system to the State MARCS system next year. All city departments will be switched over PD, FD and Service. Unclear yet if Harris or Motorola P25 radios will be used.

I had heard they went with Motorola. Question is are they gonna be encrypted still as I’ve heard rumors on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santafe2016

Heard radio testing this week around town on EMA freqs with an officer, confirming signals down to the Greene and around corners in Walmart. In the clear on TG 10517 10518 10520 10522

Last edited:

santafe2016

I was told it will be on the old cell phone tower at the old Northridge water plant, i's supposed to be a repeater for the current MARCS and Moorefield will also be going soon.

santafe2016

Heard Springfield Battalion Chief testing portable in the clear on MARCS Hospital channel with SRMC

n8wel

Buckeye Toad
City Service Dept. switched over to MARCS today and FD and PD to follow.

10532 Service
10533 Truck to Truck
10534 Water Treatment
10535 Wastewater Treatment
10536 Facilities
10537 Utility Billing
10539 Aviation

santafe2016

I hadn't even thought about Public works, thanks for listing! I'm hearing testing up and down on most all the FD and PD new channels daily

santafe2016

I have heard voice on 10501 Police dispatch 10517 Fire dispatch 10518 tac 2 not sure on 10521010522 hear voice or key up 10538 police fire local citywide and 10540 911 center

santafe2016

and some I have hear must be training with chiefs as they are things such as Mayday mayday truck ##, its as though they are testing the man down button. now I did hear extra comm talk as they had open mike as if these radios can transmit on two freqs at same time, is that even possible?? Like Main and man down button so they make sure everybody on an incident would hear the call! and most of these calls are on asat when using people . I have heard testing as last as 930 at nights on some channels. All are in the clear at this time, Hope that helps to all who listen

santafe2016

Just heard comm stating you have a 8 second hot mike so if you cant get to the radio you can still transmit. This is a great feature for PD & Fire alike!

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
So is the city of Springfield up and running or are they still switching over and testing their coms? Just curious. I pick up other Springfield coms really good from here in Fairborn.

JD
kf4anc

santafe2016

NOT YET the crews are playing with the fire radios to see how they work in different situations. I have yet to hear any Police testing other than a couple of key ups on the main, but fire is getting ready, and to have to change out entire consoles I wouldn't think one department would go without both at the same time. But in answer Provoice is still the MAIN radio at this time. When they make the move I will jump in here and hopefully all comms will not be scrambled.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Fantastic, santafe2016, thanks very much for keeping us updated. I will be watching closely, and hope they are in the clear when they switch over.

JD
kf4anc

gaushouse1

Hello all! Does a person(S) know if the Springfield city police and Springfield city fire voice scanner traffic will be heard on the London Ohio Marcs tower site?: when Springfield city police and fire switches over to the Marcs system because the Springfield tower site is too far away for my scanner to pick up. I pick up the scanner voice traffic of the Clark county sheriff and the clark county fire dispatches on the London Ohio Marcs tower site.
Any input is appreciated.
Thank you.

TFrank615

Just FYI to anyone needing it. They Moved the Springfield Tower yesterday and MARCs has changed the RFSS ID to 4, it used to be 1. The site is still 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.