Clay County system change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbird97x

While browsing thru the Clay database, I noticed someone updated with the upcoming April, 1 change to a digital system. Now, it's after the 1st and they are still on the LTR multinet freqs. Any intel as to if I am going to be the proud owner of a 200.00 baby monitor and 500.00 more to the broke side? If they do indeed change, I just hope it's trunk-trackable and NOT encrypted!!!

gcr33

Why does everyone think if there is a change it involves encryption?

james32746

Premium Subscriber
gcr33 said:

Probably because of what Jacksonville SO and Nassau County SO did when they switched to new radio systems.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
james32746 said:
Probably because of what Jacksonville SO and Nassau County SO did when they switched to new radio systems.

Yeah seems to me like scanning in NE fl is slowly going down the drain...

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have heard they don't know what if they want digital or digital encrypted. I heard that awhile back for F/R and SO/PD will switch to that. Is Clay Co switch yet not able to pick them up in St Aug since I'm a little too far.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
I monitor the Scan Jax yahoo group, and the only change was that a few more frequencies were added. They should show up in the DB soon.

gcr33

According to a source they have not even changed radios. Using EFJ multi net.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if it is a April Fool thing. Looks like they haven't changed the system yet or they are working the bugs out or not switching yet.

gcr33

Has anyone ever seen an LTR Multi Net digital system? It's not APCO 25 compliant and with the 700 band coming and in that band all mutual aid channels are required to be APCO 25. Why waste taxpayer dollars if this is true.

mbird97x

gcr33 said:

And just what in My statement led you to believe I think it does? I simply stated that I "hope" they don't go that route IF they do change systems so I can still monitor them.

rcvmo

I may have been seeing things, but I was just down there last week. St. Augustine PD still had VHF antennas on the cars. I Could hear Fire on 154.415 for fire from location in Jax.

They looked at me funny because I didn't have a "twang" in my dialect. Then they'd seen my ball cap!!!

rcvmo

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
rcvmo said:
I may have been seeing things, but I was just down there last week. St. Augustine PD still had VHF antennas on the cars. I Could hear Fire on 154.415 for fire from location in Jax.

They looked at me funny because I didn't have a "twang" in my dialect. Then they'd seen my ball cap!!!

rcvmo
This thread is about Clay County...

gcr33

I am not near there but have a good source. They have not mentioned getting new radios yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.