Cleveland National Forest New Forest Net

Teotwaki

I just turned a radio on and heard Helicopter 76 talking about a fire. Dispatch asked him to switch to Command 1 Tone 1 and also use CDF Tac 2. The fire is on Santiago Peak

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Looks clear now. They must have gotten a quick handle on it. Just one WT left on site that I can see:
Screenshot 2023-08-08 081058.jpg

Teotwaki

Thanks AM909!

I’ve been hearing a steady stream of crews being released from the site. There are some rumors that the fire was deliberate and that some involved vehicles may have been spotted on cameras.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Sure was an impressive-looking and -acting response.

monitor142

Definitely handled well by the helicopter response from OCFA and the SoCal Quick Response Force (Thank you SoCal Edison for $upporting).

OCFA Copters 1 & 2
QRF Tanker 47 and Helco Copter 76

FYI, Jake Rodriguez from the CNF did send out a short message stating no damage to the radio sites. That's good news!

Teotwaki

@es93546 and @Teotwaki , looks like we should delete out the remaining 168.025 MHz Law Nets from Angeles National Forest and Cleveland National Forest, is this correct that they've been phased out and replaced with the R5 Law Net? I also added a unique line for the P25 mode for R5 Law Net using the 40B NAC.

Edit: Is the NAC 4CE? Or 40B like was stated earlier in this thread?
Tx is 4CE and Rx is 40B

Teotwaki

Fun traffic on Common 4 freq 163.7125

Two forestry vehicle heading up a muddy truck trail. The driver of the lead vehicle is going to stop and warn civilians to vacate the slippery road. Second forestry vehicle had complained of having no traction and commented "We're doomed. I'm sliding. I'm heading back down"

Conversation is continuing about efforts to gain traction, using 4WD, etc.

Teotwaki

12:40 PM PST - Comms 27 calling for Comms 29 on Cleveland Forest Net. This is a good time to listen for changes or updates to the radio repeaters!