Cleveland Southwest Suburbs police and fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goberian

This Ohio feed was recently discontinued. Is there any way to find out what frequencies were being monitored and broadcast?

bctrainers

While I don't know the exact freq's or talkgroups scanned by the streamer, here's a few pages that may be of use for you:

Greater Cleveland Area P25 P1: Greater Cleveland Radio Communications Network Trunking System, Cleveland, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies
Analog freq's of Cleveland: Cuyahoga County, Ohio (OH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

There are a couple encrypted dispatch channels on the P25 listing there, unsure if there may be others. That page hasn't been updated in a month. However, it should be reliable.

Additionally, there's a state wide P25 system in use, Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies - it does have a tower or two in the Cleveland metroplex. From this point onward is Cleveland Ohio TGID's: Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

If you wish to scan P25 networks, you will need a digital scanner capable of Phase One. Most newer scanners can decode Phase One and Phase Two.

an39511

The Cleveland Southwest Suburbs police and fire covered frequencies on two systems. First system was GCRCN and covered both police and fire for Berea, Brook Park, Broadview Hgts, Olmsted Falls, Olmsted Twp. The other cities on that system was fire only and that covered North Royalton, Middleburg Hgts and Strongsville. There was also coverage for the Cuyahoga County Sheriff as well has Hopkins Airport police and airport operations.

The other system it covered was the Parma P25 system which included the City of Parma police and fire as well as the city of Brooklyn.

The Cleveland Southwest Suburbs police and fire covered only the two simulcast systems. All the conventional channels were eliminated several years ago due to all those cities moving onto P25.

Goberian

Thanks for the replies. My problem is that I have tried programming every way that I can think of. I tried the Cleveland p25 in both auto and manual, with all frequencies listed and with control frequencies only. I've entered all listed TGIDs From the southwest group and tried the wildcard ID (Whistler WS1040) and still get almost no Southwest Suburbs traffic. Certainly not nearly as much as I used to get on Broadcastfy and when I do here something it's usually one sided. Only dispatch or mobile but not both. I did a lot of scanning in the 70s and 89s but am a newbie to digital and trunking. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

an39511

Scanning a simulcast systems can be a challenge. If you are not in a good spot and the distortion is high you just won't here anything, except for a few clips of audio sometimes. A good, highly directional antenna with an attenuator may help. For me I am in the middle of most of the towers and it is impossible to have good reception due to all the overlapping transmission. What I use is a 14 element Yagi pointed towards the west side tower with an inline 9db attenuator. It took several weeks to find the sweet spot on the antenna direction. For me I must have the antenna aimed precisely. If it moves more the 5 degrees in either direction I get high error rates.

The good news is once you get it dialed in its rock solid. The bad news is the cost of the setup and once in place the radio is pretty much useless for scanning other systems.

wtp

not the answer

just a question.
could they have put up a new tower and/or new frequencies.
search around and see.
i search the 700 and 800,s at least weekly, just to stay ahead.

Goberian

I am on the south end on Berea.
I'm not 100% certain that the programming is correct but I'm pretty sure. As I said I used to do a lot of scanning and searching for 15 or 20 years. As far as an external antenna, I have a handheld unit. Is it practical to try that?
Would it be worth trying programming software? It looks to me like it uses the RR database that I've already entered though.

SCPD

QRT
Looks like the nearest GCRCN site to you is northeast at the airport. You may need a mini beam or otherwise and outdoor antenna. I have a site less than two miles from me but I get a better signal from one farther north since the south one has to pass thru the building. My antenna is 3 feet off the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.