Status
Not open for further replies.

trains125

Feed Provider
How would I program in a Motorola Type II SmartZone? would that be the Mot 800/900 or how does that work? I am new to the scanner world so I don't know how to go about doing that :) I have a Pro 106.

What are the Clinton Freqs?
Thanks Chris

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK Clinton uses the Hinds County TRS. It is an Motorola 800 MHz Type II SmartZone, using both analog and digital Talkgroups. Clinton PD, and FD use digital on the system. You want to program in the primary simulcast site listed in the database, and then the talkgroups listed for Clinton, as well as the Hinds EOC talkgroups. The Hinds TRS would be programmed as an TSYS object, and then you also want to program the conventional frequencies for Clinton as CONV objects. AMR provides EMS for Clinton, and Hinds SO additional LEA support.

MHP uses the MSWIN P25 TRS.

The following links should give most of the help you need:
PRO-106
Pro-106 - The RadioReference Wiki
Hinds TRS
Hinds County Trunking System, Jackson, Mississippi - Scanner Frequencies

For the Clinton, and Hinds conventional frequencies tones etc that you should also need, see this link:
Hinds County
Hinds County, Mississippi (MS) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

And for the MSWIN:
Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN) Trunking System, Jackson, Mississippi - Scanner Frequencies

grahct

Premium Subscriber
How does it work? also in clinton

thinking of buying uniden.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
You will need an digital capable trunktracker at least of the BCD396XT/BCD996XT generation to be able to hear everything thats worth hearing in the Hinds County area. Jackson PD, FD, Clinton PD, FD, Hinds SO, EOC, and al the VFD's except Byram are on the Hinds County TRS. Byram PD, FD, MHP, MEMA etc are on the MSWIN TRS. See previous posts with links for more details on said systems. For info on programming the scanner you have, see its manual, as well as the wiki , and then ask us once you settle on a make/model etc.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Slight correction: The Byram VFD is on the HCTRS, the BFD (paid guys) is MSWIN. I am also assuming that BPD has the HCTRS in thier radios for interop until Hinds upgrades and goes MSWIN. *Sometime in the next couple of years after Jackson finishes its upgrades to the EDACS to P25...*

grahct

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I've been looking at the BCD396XT. I was a little worried I might have missed something. Several years back (2005) I purchased an analog scanner and at that time could only really get JPD and some limited others.

Status
Not open for further replies.