CLMRN Site Question.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Its been a while since I made any programming changes to my SDS200s, but attempting to do so now. Does anyone have a chart or list of what each site repeats? For example, I live in the lower valley but can hear Stamford FD from the Troop I site. I used to be able to listen to LCD when they dispatched in the old system. With the new changes on CLRMN, I am trying to figure out IF I can hear them. As I said, The 2 200s have been on cruise control pretty much with just updates to the firmware and database. Any help is appreciated. I do have both of them on discovery mode but so far nothing.

Manny

cg

Premium Subscriber
I see them on H occasionally but never anything that could be relied on. Perhaps 1% of the LCD traffic? Since there is a B & L site co-located with the Talcott Mtn H Site, there is not much area where H is the best option for a radio to affiliate with LCD TGs.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Manny:

The state system is so dynamic, it can depend on which TGs and towers they affiliate with. If a unit affiliates with a site, that site will have that TG as long as the radios on. Some TGIDs are not permitted on certain sites like a Montville TG trying to affiliate from Troop B's area perhaps? Or, permissions can be assigned to a specific radio to work anywhere. Towns on the system may affiliate as a cruiser drives away from their own town. There are so many possibilities.

Just yesterday, I programmed my SDS100 with a unique favorites list for each specific site. I'm just trying to learn more about deeper programming on the SDS radios.

How are those Kenwood radios holding up? Craig LOVED fixing those!

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I see them on H occasionally but never anything that could be relied on. Perhaps 1% of the LCD traffic? Since there is a B & L site co-located with the Talcott Mtn H Site, there is not much area where H is the best option for a radio to affiliate with LCD TGs.
I have the same observations. I did get a few LCD hits in a short time, Dispatch and one of the TAC TGs, IIRC on the H sites during the recent snow storms, then nothing for hours.