• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Clock Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Does the backup power for the clock on the logic board charge when the scanner has batteries installed, or only when it is plugged in?

I don't plan to use rechargeable batteries with the scanner and was wondering if it simply has batteries that are not depleted inside it, if it will keep the backup source charged.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I believe the Real Time Clock battery is being charged whenever power is applied to the scanner, be it "regular" batteries or AC adapter.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Kevin is that off of batteries on the 436 with power off? My 536 has never been powered off after the 1st 48 hour charge.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
If I might ask also how long should the clock run with the scanner unplugged? Mine after 3 or 4 hours looses the clock or it stops on when it was unplugged...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mine is my BCD536HP By the way not the portable although looking to get one

Status
Not open for further replies.