Close Call Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaLa

Anybody ever get a CC hit from a Cordless Phone.

Went to the mall today and I got a close call hit on 902.2 (or .6 don't remember exactly)
It took me a while to figure out that it was coming from a cordless phone, the cashier was using (in the store we were in).

I was able to hear both sides of the conversation.
The phone looked like it was an old AT+T phone, it also said Lucent Technologies on it.
I thought that was pretty weird.

After I found out I was listening to her conversation, I locked out that Frequency in my scanner.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
As long as you're close and it's analog - you should have no difficulty grabbing it...

cristisphoto

Just be careful as IT can cause the scurity to get tiffed
But yes the range for cordess ohone is 900 Megahertz....

Crista

CLTX11

Yup, just have your spouse talk on the cordless and set your CC on. I was in my truck in the driveway searching through the 150 MgHz and caught on to a convo in my house on a cordless. Then taking the 246 in the house I found it was on a 900 Mghz freq. Why the bleed over?

fineshot1

CLTX11 said:
Yup, just have your spouse talk on the cordless and set your CC on. I was in my truck in the driveway searching through the 150 MgHz and caught on to a convo in my house on a cordless. Then taking the 246 in the house I found it was on a 900 Mghz freq. Why the bleed over?

Cordless Phones for the most part are cheaply designed. Alot of the designs emit RF in many parts of the radio spectrum they were not designed to transmit on.

nexus

I get CC hits on the 900mhz and 46/49mhz cordless phones all of the time when ever Im in range of one. Of course it'll have to be a cordless phone that doesn't use digital spread spectrum. Those basic low-end model phones don't so you'll easily pick them up with any scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.