• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

CNE Air Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Keep an ear open on those frequencies as they will be doing some pre show flights around the Lake Shore. We should start seeing some planes coming in starting tomorrow as well.

mciupa

DB Administrator
You are right. Looks like a '90's list.

I looked through my HomePatrol file from my perch at Humber Bay at last years show and found these:

Snowbirds 272.1
Show Boss 119.2
Show Radar 118.0
Show Holding 123.1
Air to Air 123.6
Air Common 123.45

don't know if those tags are right or my interpretation. :D

The labels close enough for Government work as they say. Keep in mind that 118.0, 118.2, 119.2 etc. are actually full-time ATC frequencies from Toronto Pearson and Toronto City Centre. They're just "borrowed" for airshow use but are still operated at and by the same ATC facilities as the other 362 days of the year. Back in the days of Transport Canada being the ATC provider, our mobile control tower was equipped with both VHF and UHF radios which we operated from the Ontario Place west island. YTZ Tower has taken that function over, hence the use of 119.2 which is an alternate tower frequency for them.

And for anyone listening, don't forget the Snowbirds will also hang out on 116.0 MHz at some shows. (I know it's not in the VHF air voice band, but it's true...)

Bob

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.