• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Coast Guard Sector New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanner-geek

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
198
Is it me, or has U.S.C.G. ops on 164.9125 gone totally encrypted? I'm hearing nothing but encryption-type noise that sounds analog. I have not noted any digital activity. I am no longer hearing voice transmissions. :(

In Key West most of the Coast Guard ops were analog encrypted.

Oh say it ain't so!!!!!!

--Scannergeek
 

maalox

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
755
Location
n y c
Scanner-geek said:
Is it me, or has U.S.C.G. ops on 164.9125 gone totally encrypted? I'm hearing nothing but encryption-type noise that sounds analog. I have not noted any digital activity. I am no longer hearing voice transmissions. :(

In Key West most of the Coast Guard ops were analog encrypted.

Oh say it ain't so!!!!!!

--Scannergeek
its gone digital p25.
 

Scanner-geek

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
198
I've been monitoring with my 796D in digital mode. Are you hearing digital voice transmissions? I'm hearing bupkus.
 

Scanner-geek

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
198
Has sector new york changed frequencies? I know they are digital. I was hearing them in the clear but lately I have heard nothing on 164.9125. Has anyone logged any recent transmissions on this channel? Thanks.

Scannergeek
 

CqDx

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 15, 2003
Messages
901
Location
US
Just heard routine boarding checks today around 5PM, still P25 in the clear.
 

ClayD

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
35
Location
Oakford, PA
I thought I heard this called the south repeater (164.9125) when I was visiting the NY area, Does anyone know then what the North repeater would be, or if one exists? I thought about going to NYC this weekend - I figure with fleet week going on those repeaters would be quite busy. Any help anyone??? I'm sure Marine 21, 81, 83 channels will be busy also.
 

ecps92

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
10,367
Location
Taxachusetts
The other place to Search/Scan would be 406-420, 457-458 & 467-468 Mhz for some of the Mil. Vessels

Check out http://www.n2nov.net/nycmarine.html for many confirmed NYC Maritime channels.

ClayD said:
I thought I heard this called the south repeater (164.9125) when I was visiting the NY area, Does anyone know then what the North repeater would be, or if one exists? I thought about going to NYC this weekend - I figure with fleet week going on those repeaters would be quite busy. Any help anyone??? I'm sure Marine 21, 81, 83 channels will be busy also.
 

n2nov

NYC/NNJ DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
559
Location
Staten Island, NYC
It is called "South Repeater" because it is in the USCG region 1 South. 1 North is New England. The nearest "North Repeater" to the NYC area is for region 5 North which covers from central NJ to Delaware. I do not have that frequency available or for New England.
 

ecps92

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
10,367
Location
Taxachusetts
At this time, we have No Repeaters running on CG Channels in Sector Boston, the last Repeater was Analog [DVP/DES] and I have not heard any activity in about 8 Months.

Most of the CG activity on that repeater moved to the MSP 800 Trunk [LNG Escorts]



n2nov said:
It is called "South Repeater" because it is in the USCG region 1 South. 1 North is New England. The nearest "North Repeater" to the NYC area is for region 5 North which covers from central NJ to Delaware. I do not have that frequency available or for New England.
 

N2ZGE

Active Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
1,815
Location
Roselle Park, NJ
164.9125, totally encrypted but.......

Yes, I can also confirm that 164.9125 is at least encrypted totally if you don't have a P25 capable scanner. However, the good news is that I have heard recently NYC Coast Guard Sector on 157.050, 157.100, and 157.150 (primarily on 157.050). But, I have confirmed hearing them on ALL 3 of them. This is something to keep in mind for Fleet Week 2009.
 

Sybex7254

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2002
Messages
441
Location
Succasunna, NJ | Waikoloa, HI
164.9125 (LANT-13) IS NOT ENCRYPTED! It is P25 Digital in the clear as I posted over a year ago. Digital and encryption at two totally different things. Don't confuse one with the other.

Now has anyone caught a NAC for this frequency yet?
 

Spec

Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2003
Messages
738
Location
In the South
P25 is not encryption itself alone. They can go encryption if needed. The frequencies N2ZGE mentioned are marine channels 21 Alpha, 22 Alpha, and 23 Alpha respectively. The "Alpha" designator refers to the frequencies used for the specific channel as used in the USA. There are Bravo and Charlie designators used in different parts of the world. The Alpha channels listed here are all single frequency simplex.
 

Tac-1

Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
505
Location
Linden, NJ
Well I can comfirm that 164.9125 is mostly clear P25 NAC 293, but have also heard comms in coded mode.

they have a second repeater 172.3125 its also P25 NAC 293


TAC 1
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top