Coaxial cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

danceredt

Need a suggestion on how to fasten Times 400 cable to a shingle roof. I will have 3 runs of about 30 feet each on the roof. Thanks for your help

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Need a suggestion on how to fasten Times 400 cable to a shingle roof. I will have 3 runs of about 30 feet each on the roof. Thanks for your help

If you just need to keep it from flopping around on the roof, you can use some PVC conduit straps and some nails/screws into -just- the shingle (not through the sheathing under them). They'll be grey in color, so if you want them to hide, you may need to periodically hit them with some spray paint of a suitable color.

danceredt

Do you want to attach the coax to the actual shingle area of the roof? I've not seen that yet and have only attached coax and hardline to vertical walls on the way to the roof.
2 antennas are n middle of roof. 1 I can run down side of house near roof.

W5lz

I think I'd secure the cables at the base of the antenna(s) and at the roof edges. That coax is large enough that unless you get really high speed winds I think they'd stay put. If wind gets high enough to 'mess' with that coax... I think I'd worry more about the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.