• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Codeplug rollback tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4RMT

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a copy of that old CPfix utility for astro 25 CPS radios? I'm programming a couple of prtables for my father, who bought them from ebay used, but they've been programmed with a newer version than I own. I had the utility once before, but cant find the stupid thumb drive....

cmdrwill

Dangerous territory, some have gotten into trouble with big /\/\. Not something you want to post here.

N4RMT

Premium Subscriber
What's the latest version? I've been out of touch with this stuff for a long time.

SCPD

QRT
The eBay seller probably just got the software when some site had a bunch Moto CPS. They made the disc with pretty nice Motorola images on it. The one being sold was the last version that was pirated CPS that the . I am surprised Motorola has not shut this down and I wish they did since the rest of us have paid the $100-$200 for the legit CPS. Hope that seller has a good lawyer when Motorola comes a knocking.

SCPD

QRT
But it seems Moto does not care. Look how many sales these sellers have. If Moto cared, they would complain to E-Bay. Right?

That's what I was thinking. There are a ton of websites and torrents that have lot's of Moto CPS and they are never taken down by the Moto legal team. Had this been a few years ago, they might of cared but today they don't. You have to admit Motorola is the gold standard of business/public safety radios so you would think they would care if the CPS they sell for let's say $250 and that same CPS is on eBay for $20. Somebody in Chicago must be smoking something strange not to care about pirated software. Other radio manufacturers do with programming software that is tied to one machine, requires a dongle, or phones home to activate it.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Another possibility. R20.01.00 was distributed to most originally by disc. Now it's accessible for download via MOL so some simply sold the disks they had gotten from Motorola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phillydjdan

I'm looking for the codeplug rollback toll also if anyone knows where it can be found these days...

phillydjdan

Astro25 series portables. Its an app called CPFix but its different than the one floating around that fixes an ABC switch issue. Thats NOT the one I need.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
CPFix

I am trying to do a codeplug roll back does anyone have the CPfix file. Please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.