Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anmaguco

Hello to everyone, I've been searching about scanners And want to know if the uniden bc346xt could work in my country, here we don't have the frecuencies post ti on line so it has to be done with a an expert on programming. Can this scanner work without pre programmed frecuencies?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You can use that scanner's "search" and "close call" features to scan the airwaves and locate any active frequencies, then when it stops on them you just press enter to save them into the scanner, provided they are not digital or encrypted. You would need a BCD396XT to receive digital transmissions. There are no scanners that will decode encrypted transmissions. In the old days here in the US that was what made the hobby fun, searching for new frequencies.

There are a few Columbian frequencies here in our database. This should also give you an idea of the bands that are being used to help with searching.

Click on the links below:

Medellin Police and Fire

Airports

Unidentified Motorola 6424, Trunked System, Cartagena?

Unidentified Motorola 6C3A, Trunked System, Cartagena?

Last edited:

Anmaguco

thanks for the help, I did follow your instructions and so far all I get is taxi companies and private security frequencies, I do get a lot of noise and I don't know if that could be a frequency of something that is digital, or how can I know when is a trunked or digital frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.