Columbus, MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

crookedletterboy

Whistler 1040
I was getting all Lowndes County Sherrif police and fire along with all city (columbus) police and fire. I stopped getting city traffic and thought it must be my radio. I bought a Whistler 1040 and used the software to program the codes listed, but I am still unable to get city traffic. Am i missing something? Are the freqs listed current?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Firstly, are you sure you programmed the Sys Objects correctly and Scan Lists set right? Are you using AR5C00 or Win500?

I have ARC500 and can take a look at your setup if you need.

Sheriff was starting to run on MSWIN, CPD and CFD and all of the rest of LC might now be on MSWIN. First, retry all freqs in open squelch search to see if they changed tones. Then its time to monitor MSWIN for new TGS.. And I would expect TDMA if they did move over as no new users will be allowed FDMA use. In which case, you need to upgrade to an Phase II capable scanner. ALL State agencies are now TDMA, with ONLY MEMA having FDMA use for interop. All users of MSWIN are transitioning to TDMA, and they do want all users capable by 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.