Coming soon, Broadcastify.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Give it s chance and why I do it

Whew…Indeed there are “birth pangs”… I just wish some members would in generally “cool down”, read, think things out first and carefully gather ALL the facts first, weigh the pros and cons, and sleep on it for a few days for up to a week before bailing out and pulling the plug. As I stated earlier, please “Give it a Chance” A trial period if you wish.
I only can speak for myself here…though my desire here is for perhaps a few members would indeed reconsider drastically pulling the plug and opting out.
I have been in the scanner hobbyist for over forty years. In my zealous for the hobby I published a local scanner frequency directory but by business inexperience saw these efforts fail. Then I discovered the now defunct “Police Call” met their data base manager and became a contributing consultant (an early form of a DB admin) for a number of years until their close. “Police Call” came to an end and I found online in 2005 “Radio Reference”. I loved this service; it was the answer to fill the gap that “Police Call” had left. In fact I enjoyed the service so much; yes, I paid for my RR subscription, as I paid for my “Police Call “editions.
What was my incentive? The love of the Scanning hobby! In the following years I became a DB admin here at RR and then have hosted a number of feeds and continue now to host a single feed. Yes I get my little perks from RR but what is my incentive? The love of the Scanning hobby! And with the feed I host to RR is a bit satisfaction of doing a bit of public service to the community and of putting others first before myself. All because I love this hobby!
Again, I am speaking only of myself. Perks (which I am always grateful) or No Perks, I would still be here or somewhere similar doing this and I’ll pay for it reasonably.
I have stated my peace. I Hope to catch some you on the “Broadcastify” side of things.

Thanks for reading!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good points made vansigint98661.

I'm sorry if I come across as arrogant in my responses, however I think a majority of that is how those who disagree with me perceive my responses. I'm not trying to be a jerk, or respond in an arrogant fashion.

But the reality is this.

1) We are moving forward. There will be those that disagree, and I cannot change that. Just because someone doesn't get their way doesn't equal me having an arogant, intransigent attitude. I've got a job to do.

2) RadioReference.com and Broadcastify are two separate, stand alone entities. They may at some point be owned by two entirely separate organizations. We are divesting entirely the live audio components to Broadcastify, and that means that there won't be RadioReference premium access granted to feed providers. It is that simple, they are now going to be separate going concerns moving foward.

Additionally,

That being said, the above quote reminds me of discussions with bosses in the past. You know, when you ask for a raise because your bills increase but your salary hasn't in ten years. Or when asking for benefits that are not provided like healthcare.

The most important thing to remember is that it isn't about your livelihood in this case, it is about mine. I'm the one that has to make the hard choices on how we manage and operate this business, and I'm the one that must personally cut the checks for $12,000/month to keep this site and community running.

One final thought, I've personally responded to almost every item raised, and I've given hard thought to all the feedback. I've listened to each of you. Many businesses owners don't take the time to explain changes, answer questions, and respond to very aggressive criticism. I think the community is fortunate that we allow discourse and active feedback. With that said, and many will take this as an arrogant obstinate statement, but it is time to move on.

(closing thread)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.