Comm Issues At The Med

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

Wing 6 trying to give patient report and told repeatedly "volume was low." I could hear the flight nurse clearly here. The two dispatchers were less than accomodating to the helo crew. In fact, somewhat argumentative. It is interesting to hear a professional dispatcher refer to "volume" vs. "audio" when trying to describe a problem. Like the helo has the ability to turn UP the volume.

This was on 155.280. Wing 6 just relocated to their hanger.

jfhtm350

If it was on 155.2800, you was probably hearing a hospital nurse instead of a Wings dispatcher.

The State EMS channels are base stations at the hospital, no repeater involved. I can always hear the hospital very good, but the ambulance's transmission is usually staticky. If they come down the highway near me I can hear them good, but if they come down the other highway I usually just get a bunch of static. So probably what was happening the helo was in good contact with your antenna but not the hospitals. Maybe they were behind a hill or still on the ground. But at least you know who the grumpy old nurse is now. Hehe.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
And I kept telling the guys in the helicopter their volume was low....

Attachments

• Nurse1.jpg
    Nurse1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.