Command Post ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
138.700 mhz have this in my scanner and never hear anything on it untill now, someone saying (exercise, exercise, exercise this is a exercise, command post out)

Does any one know what this could be I'm in Fort Erie Ont. and it could be something out of Buffalo NY or in that area.
Steve

ve3tej

Premium Subscriber
are you sure it was not 138.705?

138.705 is the input for 142.725 on the Bell Fleetnet on the Simcoe tower

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I doubt he would hear something 50khz away from the frequency programmed in his scanner.

An input to the Simcoe tower would be a good possibility being only 5khz away as well as something military out of New York but the Radioreference database doesn't show anything.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Frequency

I doubt he would hear something 50khz away from the frequency programmed in his scanner.

An input to the Simcoe tower would be a good possibility being only kHz away as well as something military out of New York but the Radioreference database doesn't show anything.

Yep Really weird, it's the first time I have heard anything on this frequency I will keep it in my scanner for now on and see if I can figure it out, I supose it could of been some skip coming in but I will post anything I find on this board for everyone.
Steve

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
After searching my records and scanners I have 138.7 listed as SAR Search and Rescue Standby Frequency. Which might make sense for what you are hearing.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Frequency

After searching my records and scanners I have 138.7 listed as SAR Search and Rescue Standby Frequency. Which might make sense for what you are hearing.

Thanks for checking your records, I have had this frequency in my list for a long time and can't remember where I got it from so I will keep an eye on it for now on.
Steve

nyair1

Thanks for checking your records, I have had this frequency in my list for a long time and can't remember where I got it from so I will keep an eye on it for now on.
Steve

Steve

139.700 is a Norad Huntress freq that is used in the northeast. Could be a a/a for fighter training possibly?

Chris

Western NY

Status
Not open for further replies.