Commonwealth Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4400

I just downloaded some of the ComEd frequencies to my Pro-97. So far nothing has come through (have been along 55 from Joliet to Chicago). I am going to take a look at how I downloaded them (user error has been an issue in the past). Question is is it worth my trouble, or is there not that much traffic to bother troubleshooting.

If you have them working, I would be interested in what I might have done wrong.

Thanks

hdesign

I've noticed the same thing on Pro-96/97 in lake county and I have yet to hear a thing. I thought it was me.

N9JIG

Sheriff
While the Comm Ed 900 MHz. system was at one time extremely busy and interesting much of the traffic on it has switched over to Nextel.

I have read in some forum very recently (Sorry, I can't remember which...) that they were looking to sell it to an SMR operator. This would seem to make sense, but I haven't seen anything official on it.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
If you have not done so already, check out the ComEd info at http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2927 . Be sure that you program the freqs for the "zone" (system) that covers the area that you're in. Make sure that one of the freqs you enter is carrying a control channel signal that you can reliably hear. As a rule, there isn't nearly as much traffic on the system when skys are blue as there is during heavy storms. I live in east central DuPage County and can confirm that the "Triad" system is currently on the air. The skys are clear right now..... within the last half hour, I've heard a 3-4 transmissions on the Maywood and Glenbard OD (operating dispatch) talkgroups - but that's about it.

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I have ComEd Site 4-Orland Pk =CC-939.6875 in all my scanners here in Joliet...Its very busy when as Kevin mentioned stormy times...Its great when the lights "flicker' , there rite on with info from the "load dispatcher" on who and where someone took down a utility pole....I hear Joliet, BBrook, UnPark, Maywood...The signal using a RS 800 rubber duck is very good...Here in Joliet the load dispatcher ID is 33648...

Chicago2210

How do you program a smart zone into a scanner? I just put it in as a motoerolo type 2 system, should I have done that or put it in as a LT? Also when dose the "Triad" system get busey? Please let me know thank you.

N9JIG

Sheriff
How do you program a smart zone into a scanner? I just put it in as a motoerolo type 2 system, should I have done that or put it in as a LT? Also when dose the "Triad" system get busey? Please let me know thank you.

If you have a Site capable scanner, like the BCD996T, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, BC15, BC15X, or BC346XT then you can enter a System and then individual Sites, just like you would for StarCom21 except the System Type would be Motorola Type II.

If you have an older trunktracker or GRE/RS scanner then you can enter each SmartZone site into a separate Bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.