Commscope Cable Coax for Scantenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqs

I want to replace my coax for my Scantenna .
I got 100 feet of Commscope Cable 5740 RG 6 Quad c (ETL) us catv 18awg is what is printed on it The Cable installer gave me .now I am gonna shortin it down to 40 or 50 ft to have the amount I need with out to much extra .
My question is would this stuff be a good replacement for the coax that came with the Scantenna ? If not what would be ?

n5ims

The Scantenna comes with RG-6 so yours should work just fine.

freqs

I did not state and should have .The reason for new coax is age of the coax and Antenna is around 4 years old now .So is it time to replace it ? and would that Comscope coax work or go get new RG6 is all RG6 the same ?

mpddigital

All RG-6 is not the same! RG these days stands for a type and supposed construction of a cable but there are no quality or manufacturing standards associated with it. That being said, Commscope cables are "good stuff" and can be trusted. If you already have it go ahead.

BTW, for good coax 4 years isn't that long. Barring water infiltration and damage you should not be seeing much additional loss. If the RG-6 isn't giving you the signal you need with a 100 foot run try going to an RG-11. Price is still low (should be less than 28 cents a foot) and has less attenuation. Look for Times, Commscope, Coleman, Alpha or other US brand.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Anything Commscope is very good. They are the same as Systimax network equipment. As a guy at work says, "Its the Cadillac of network cables."

But like the others have said, leave it alone if its still working well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.